An Offer From Space

. . . Are they gone yet? . . . Yes? Ok, hey everyone, I'm back after running away from the spoiler prevention squad (SPS). Now then, what was I going to say about this story? Oh right, so its gonna-!

*Bang, Boom, Crash, Ah~!*

Oh God damn it!

<Signal lost>

Note: Just realize I was spelling Nagumo's name wrong, I'll be fixing that mistake when this chapter gets released.

My sudden confinement within this room has been quite surprising. I'd even go as far as to say I was blindsided by this sudden turn of events, so much so that I was close to just calling in an airstrike against the crusty old man who ordered me to stay here. Though, Dot talked me out of doing such a thing, considering Nagumo could just be going to his superiors to report about me and my fleet.

Though, I can never be too sure about what kind of actions that man is willing to take or if I can even trust him. We only just met not too long ago, so I doubt he would take my words all at face value. Most likely, his probably throwing shade at me as he talks about me but also the possible advantages I could hold for their country.

"Sigh, so how long I'm I going to be in here for?" I ask my, rather short, warden as she and the four battleship girls all watch over me. Nagato, shifts a bit within her kneeling position as she turns her gaze over to me.

"I'm not really sure, so I would suggest that you could find something to do while you wait." Clicking my tongue against my teeth, I lie my back onto the cushioned floor boards while staring mindlessly up toward the roof of the. Staring mindlessly at the ceiling of the room, I started to feel my mind wonder-! Oh wait, I still got my pad.

Reaching into the opposite side of the jacket and pulling out the data pad, I tapped the screen before quickly opening up the radar map and quickly start selecting ship markers. A status window would appear next to the selected markers and would give me a rundown on what our current stockpile of supplies look like.

Excluding the airframe fleet of Falken fighter jets, some spare AWACS support Manta frames, four torpedo Albatrosses, a few Petrels, and those three Razorbills which are still running air patrols around the port. Guess Dot's keeping them around just in case. Turning over to the fleet section, I could count a total of twelve fleet markers.

One marker represents the carrier Everest which acts as the flagship, three other markers were used to represent the supporting Swordfish gun cruisers which are marked as, CA-202, CA-205, CA-211. These ships aren't given names, though since we don't have access to any dry-docks, it'll be important that we deploy these guys sparingly. Finally, and making up most of the fleet's formation, were eight Needlefish Destroyers that were all marked with their respective serial numbers and class letters.

Originally, the fleet's formation was just Everest, one Swordfish, and two Needlefish, a small group that allowed for the carrier to group to move at much greater speeds while also being sufficiently defended. However, because Dot, Fairy, and I were all just about to get into a battle between two other carrier fleets from rival factions, I had given Dot the order to reinforce the fleet with as many naval units Dot could rally to our position. My order, then resulted in the fleet turning into a much larger formation.

The good news about having a large fleet is that I won't need to worry about Everest getting attacked anytime soon. The bad news about maintaining such a massive fleet is the resource drain this will have, especially on fuel considering that all ships besides the carrier run on diesel powered engines. "Man, I really hope I don't have to pay much for fuel."