Feel the Heat

When someone asks you to teach them about a particular skill or some piece of knowledge that you have, you either give them three answers to that question. The first is to reject the person so that the skills and talent that you have does not spread and makes you more important, the second is the accept the person and teach them all you know, and the third . . . Well, that's a bit of grey area.

The third option is to teach them, however, you don't teach them your style. After all, a person gotta have a few cards up their sleeve if they ever wanna survive the business known as war. Whether it be a conflict from a hundred years ago or a hundred years into the future, there will always be the rule of secrecy and change. No conflict is the same, no battle is the same, and no soldier is the same.

Still though, there is always that bit of doubt that can crawl into any person's mind if they ever choose this option. Whether it be a trick, some loophole, or anything that can keep you breathing longer than the other guy, you can simply hold back on that information and teach the person by the book. Naturally, at first they would take in all the information at face value without much thought and simply come to their own decisions on how battle should be conducted. That single line of thinking, can often get more people killed as they would never be able to perform anything outside of a creative miracle.

Something that I had to quickly learn about during my few months alone while wagging a sea war all by myself and with a support A.I.

Now though, as I stand on the dock space within the underground dockyards, I was left with that very same decision with a very particular girl who just couldn't seem to tare her eyes away from the ship morned in the dry dock space. I couldn't see her expression, considering she was closer to the carrier while I was still a ways away from where she was, though I could probably guess that she was leaving her mouth wide open.

"You know, a fly is gonna fly in there if you keep it open any longer." Her shoulders were quick to tense up as an audible click could be heard. Knew it. "So, Princess, how you like your new ride?" Walking up close to, I took a spot behind the nine tailed fox girl.

She remained silent for a while, before she slowly turned about with a hug smile before speaking. "Its perfect!" Without saying anything else, she lunged at me and quickly pulled me into a deep hug. "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!" She said with such emotion and joy, while I on the other hand felt really awkward about the whole 'touchy-feely' stuff that was going on.

"Okay, now get off." Without wasting a second, Akagi quickly removed her self as she then turned about to face her new ship.

"I'm gonna go in and check out what changed!" Like a kid on Christmas, Akagi bolted as she began to look for a way to board her new vessel, a vessel that was almost the same as Everest. With a sigh, I looked up upon the carrier while taking note of its features though with a few core differences between itself and my carrier.

First off, the island of Akagi's carrier was placed on the left side of the ship as the extended deck was on the right. A mirrored design which had all the elevators and missile silos placed in the same location like Everest. Second, there was no main gun near the tower as only more missile silos took the turrets place. Third, and probably the most distinct feature which made it completely different from Everest was the fact that it did not have a motor pool in the back along with the accompanying hanger door.

Without the motor pool, and the accompanying land units to fill said motor pool with, Akagi's carrier would be granted a second hanger space deck, allowing her to store more fighters than any traditional 21ist century aircraft carrier. "Dot, is there anything I should take note about the ship?"