Guests and Deals

"Statues update, production and dry-dock facilities have been completed, we can now replenish our ammunition and airframe stocks commander." Lazing about in the new office, I swivel my chair around to face the window wall that is facing out toward the dark yards and by extension the Kuro Naval District.

"Already?" I ask, considering that base building can usually take up several days, weeks, and/or months before a self-sustaining base of operations can be completed. Then again, this whole operation was done by machines. "You guys work fast, you know."

"Why thank you commander, moving on, do you have any orders for production that you wished to start now sir?" We'll crap, what do we need. I thought as I pulled out my data pad and started to look though the store houses we have on both the carrier and all available warships that are on station. Already, I could see a few things we could need, missiles, 120mm and 300mm for the warships, torpedos, bombs, and harpoon missiles for the planes, and tons of 20mm for all of the machine guns and CIWS guns. Ammo isn't cheap, best to be as conservative as possible when it comes to future engagements. I thought as I started making the orders along with fuel production.

As I'm about to put away my pad, a message tab appears as the following is typed out. 'Will there be any future developments regarding R&D and weapons development?' Reading out the message and thinking over Fairy's choice of words, I took a moment to think about the idea. Weapon development? . . . Yeah, that might be for the best. We're currently alone, on an ancient planet that's at war with a faction that seems to be able to create space time anomalies. It's better to have something to counter the space magic for later.

"For now, focus on building up our base of operations and logistics, once we got our base set, go wild with whatever you want." A new message gets pulled up almost instantly as Fairy seems to be a bit excited with how fast it was writing.

'Understood! We'll have the base competed within an hour or two commander!' . . . I feel like I may have done something wrong . . . eh, it's probably nothing. Setting aside the pad and just laying back into the reclinable chair, I just enjoy the silent moment I have while I just rest with the morning sun slowly coming over the horizon. Ah~, the joys of being unemployed~. I thought as my mind slowly slips into a peaceful slumber within my little futuristic office. So peaceful-!

*BEEP!*

"SONAVA- WHAT NOW?!" Rocketing up from my chair as an alarm went off in my ear, my right eye quickly gets taken over my Dot who shows me a video display of an approaching motor boat. At first, it didn't seem like it was anything important, however, upon closer inspection I started to realize that it was just a military transport boat with a bunch of Sakura Empire officials on board who seem to be approaching the docks. . . . "OH SHIT!"

Falling off and over my chair, I quickly start making a bee line to the docks. Shit! I forgot about the meeting!! Crap! My day was just about to get busy from here on out.

. . .

Oh thank the machines I made it. I thought as I stood tall and at attention toward the Sakura Empire officers who were stepping off their boat and onto the docks. Be claim, cool, and don't be like mr.business. I thought before I approached the officials and offer them my hand. "It's a pleasure to have you here sir, I'm commander Y/N Talon of the RWI marine expeditionary fleet and the commander of this base."

Their commander, an old man who looks to be around his forties or fifties, looked down at my hand with a bit of surprise before he looked up at me and took my hand in a firm shake. "Its a pleasure to meet you commander, I'm the marshal admiral, Osami Nagano. Now then, I've been told that you will be offering your services in the form of military education, mainly naval warfare, is that correct?"