059

LOADING...

"hey!" the next morning i met blade in class, hoodie draped over my body and bento in my hands. "how are you?"

blade turned to face me, his eyes flashing to someone behind me. he smiled — barely — and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the seat next to him. my heart fluttered but i went along with the act.

"im better, now that you're here." he said, voice monotone. i could feel him cringing as he said it, and i stifled my laughter by shoving a dumpling in my mouth.

"thats good, bladie~" i teased, pulling out my notebook, our first lesson beginning today. professor lin walked out of his office, fixing his glasses. my attention immediately shifted towards him, cheeks growing pink. professor lin met my gaze and sent me a small smile, rolling up his sleeves while opening his own book.

"good morning, please take out your textbooks, and uh, maybe some caffeine. this lecture isn't exactly the most exciting, so ill warn you all ahead of time." a collective chuckle was heard around the room, professor lin clearing his throat and grabbing a whiteboard marker.

"he looks so fine in that turtleneck," i whispered to blade, while professor lin began lecturing about lab procedures for the class, writing every major point up on the whiteboard.

"you're insane." he whispered back, taking a dumpling and eating it quietly. "why are you look this?"

i shrugged, the only thing keeping me awake for the class being professor lin's beauty. as much as i wanted to listen and pay attention to a class that i chose, he was right: this lecture wasn't at all exciting. after a while, i decided to shift my weight and lean on blade's side, head resting on his shoulder.

"pay attention, idiot." he clicked his tongue, yet still pulling me closer. "im not taking notes."

"girlfriend privileges." i reminded him, giggling. "take notes for me babe?" i teased, using the name we both hated.

"absolutely not." he whispered, pulling out a notebook. "ill take notes for myself."

"which you'll end up showing me anyways out of your pure love and affection towards me."

"no way, now pay attention." i pouted, returning my gaze to professor lin. by that point, the first whiteboard was practically drowned in writing, the professor having moved to his second board to continue lecturing.

"im sure many of you know how to use a bunsen burner." professor lin smiled. "but ill demonstrate anyway. my predecessor professor mei had at least one group per semester who couldn't properly use one."

"aeons, i hate bunsen burners." i groaned, watching professor lin attach the burner to the gas, switching it on, lighting the match, and then adjusting the gas and oxygen levels to reach a perfect, usable flame.

"why?" blade asked from beside, continuing to write.

"himeko turned turned up the oxygen while i was lighting it, and it burned my finger." i showed him the mark on my right index. blade blinked, before taking it gently in his hands and pressing a kiss to it. my heart began racing, as our eyes met.

"and remember, if you dont wear your goggles, ill have you out of the laboratory as quick as i can. not wearing proper safety gear is not only dangerous to you, but to your grade." professor lin continued as i broke eye contact with blade.

blade pulled me close once more. "dont fall asleep, but ill take notes for you."

"you so love me." i yawned, though keeping my word and staying awake.

"shut up."

a/n: uwhahahhahshs hes such a cutie