31. Running scared

The jet was silent on the way back to Canada. Dinah wanted Keegan to talk to charlotte who was chewing her nails nervously.
Dinah sat next to him. "Boss.. you're gonna scare this girl half to death... I know you're grieving, we both are...

He turned his head slowly and looked at her, "You didn't fucking know him like I did... we were like brothers, the best kind... he had my back...

"But you didn't have his... you knew he was not happy doing what you asked him to do... Because you put the word loyalty in front of it you knew he would do it... so you can't sit here and wallow in self-pity... And trust me, I know who I'm talking to... but I've also lost a friend too, because Wesley had his head screwed on, and was able to hold you down when you didn't...

 but I've also lost a friend too, because Wesley had his head screwed on, and was able to hold you down when you didn't

Keegan sighed. "I've lost everything... everything...

"No you haven't, you have a gazillion kids and grandkids, who will do anything for you... I'm still here, Wesley wouldn't want to see you go down... But he would've loved to see you and charisma, make some kind of peace..." she paused. "Keegan take your meds... we need you with your head together, and although I know you don't like taking them... They will save you so much heartache and pain.."

Keegan looked at Charlotte. "Another one who looks so much like her mother.." he sniggered. "I'm never getting her back...

"Not for right now... no way...

—————

".... Gee?..."
Jago looked at her as she packed a small hold-all.
"What are you doing?"

"I have to go ghost for a while, I just ended the life of a very influential man out here in Saudi... if they work out who did this I will end up dead, so I need to lay low for a while..." she told him. "Put the house up for sale... make sure that all my main belongings go into storage..."

" You're going it alone, you're not even gonna tell me?.." he said to her with his eyebrows raised.

"It's for the that best that not one person knows where I am

"It's for the that best that not one person knows where I am..."

"so what am I supposed to say to yo kids when they try to get hold of you and they can't?."