Chapter 4: No More Trust

Youjin Kinishita's POV

The following day after the worst day in my life, I reluctantly returned to school, praying that I would no longer be the target of bullying. I couldn't help but notice the students deliberately avoiding me. No one greeted me, and I had to stay on high alert, fearing another attack.

Inside the classroom, things bizarrely appeared to return to normal. My classmates were talking to each other. My classmates were chatting with each other, engrossed in their own activities. It was as if they continued to pretend I was invisible, even though the vandalism on my desk remained a glaring reminder of their cruelty.

Throughout the day, not a single classmate approached me to demand an apology to Susami-san, my former friend and the Student Council President. No one made any move to harm me, and I received no lunch invitations. It seemed they had satisfied their need for "justice" on Susami-san's behalf, and I was certain she felt vindicated after the ordeal I'd suffered. Still, for what she did to me, especially the false accusation, like my former girlfriend Nonaka-san before, was absolutely unforgivable.

After the afternoon class, I hastily left the classroom, eager to escape the school environment. At least, no one had the audacity to forbid me from running in the hallway, and more importantly, nobody tormented me as they had the day before.

Upon arriving home, I was met with an unexpected sight: My father. My biological father. He rarely came home, even on weekends, due to his demanding work far from our residence. Typically, he returned once a week or even once a month.

"I... I..." I stuttered. "I-I'm home, otou-san."

"Youjin we need to talk." My father gave me cold stare that sent the chills down my spine. "It's about the Student Council President. Did you assault her?"

I rolled my eyes as I expected. My step mother and sister had informed him about the incident.

"I know you don't believe me, otou-san." I narrowed my eyes. "Just like everyone else, you never believe me... at all. Just leave me alone!"

I rushed to my room, ignoring my father calling my name.

"Don't mind him, Kousuke." I heard my step mother saying as she intervened. "I still don't understand why he is like that."

"I know. We didn't even teach him how to be bad."

Yeah, right! I had never been a bad person, ever. But thanks to the girls who had betrayed me, everyone including my own family treated me like hellish crap.

I finally entered my room and sighed in frustration. Damn it! My stress levels had once again reached their peak, and I desperately wanted to escape my home, to rid myself of the memories of the treacherous girls, Nonaka-san, and Susami-san. But how? I couldn't fathom a way to erase them from my mind.

In any case, I decided not to join my family for dinner that night, even with my father present at home. Instead, I went to bed early, despite the afternoon sun still shining outside.