Chapter 8: The Destined Girl and New Dream? (Volume 1 End)

Youjin Kinishita's POV

"Revenge is a dish best served cold. Hahahaha!"

I successfully executed my revenge on the girls who falsely accused me, the students who assaulted me on behalf of Susami-san and the teachers and principal who believed the accusations from them. My revenge plan left them regret, terrified and stressed.

However, despite achieving revenge, justice was not completely served for me who was the true victim of the incidents. Even after warning those demons not to cause more trouble, a part of me wished for them to suffer more with my wrath.

I refrained from seeking help from outsiders, like private investigators, detectives, lawyers, or defenders. Not only because they might not believe my true story with or without evidence, but also because I couldn't afford their services. Although the landlady Hayashi-san was the only one who believed me, I didn't ask her for help, so I didn't want her to get involved on my revenge plan.

And I was sure the students' summer break, including the four girls', would get gloomy due to their thoughts of my revenge during the closing ceremony and their actions they had done.

As dusk settled, I decided to celebrate success as the first part of my revenge plan myself by purchasing my favorite foods from the convenience store. Instant ramen, mochi, and onigiri were on the menu for dinner later at my apartment. While leaving the store, I informed Hayashi-san via text message that I would be back in an hour.

"N-No. Please, no!"

A distressed voice reached my ears. Three boys who looked like high school delinquents were attempting to harass a terrified girl in the alley. Though they were not the students from the high school I attended, their actions alarmed me.

"Come on. We're good guys, you know." One of the boys said.

"Yeah, we'll have some fun." Another added.

"It's our treat, so no need to pay, girl." The other laughed.

I feared that those boys might do something inappropriate to the girl. But at the same time, I thought I wouldn't want to get involved with them to avoid causing more trouble on myself.

Well, I guessed I had no choice, but to save her since I was strong enough to defend myself, thanks to my own daily exercise routine.

I headed to the corner of the alley to take a peek on the scene.

"Please, I'm serious! I can't hang out with you, guys." The girl pleaded in fear.

I couldn't confirm the authenticity of her fear, but my cautious nature kicked in. I foresaw various scenarios, contemplating whether this was a ploy to draw my attention or if she genuinely needed help. My drones could potentially gather evidence about the truth behind these incidents.

"Hey!" My loud voice cut through the tension.