Chapter 6: Ramen Before Revenge

Youjin Kinishita's POV

"And... done!"

I grinned at my laptop screen, satisfied with the completion of a long video I had meticulously crafted as part of my revenge plan.

It had taken me weeks to create this video, pouring my heart into writing the script for my speech, recording it against a green screen so no one at my high school could recognize my new living arrangements, and gathering evidence from my drones to support my claims.

Of course, amidst my video-editing breaks, I would relax in my room, eat nutritious meals with the landlady Hayashi-san, and engage in outdoor exercises like jogging around town and doing push-ups in the park. These outdoor activities allowed me to keep a low profile by wearing a hooded jacket and face mask outside.

It struck me as odd that there were still no missing student posters or police reports regarding my disappearance. I had been living in this apartment for two months, having been kicked out of my previous home and quitting high school.

Even my family and former friends, who had betrayed me, seemed to have blocked my contact information. While I hadn't intentionally blocked them, I hoped they might send me a single message. Yet, it appeared that no one cared about me except for the caring landlady.

And speaking of the landlady, Hayashi-san, she had proven to be trustworthy. Although I had initially been cautious, expecting her to act suspiciously, she hadn't done anything to betray my trust.

On this particular day, I decided to visit my biological mother's grave in the cemetery. Standing in silence before her resting place, I couldn't forget the pain of my father blaming me for her death during my birth. It was a painful memory, but I believed my mother was at peace.

"Okaa-san, forgive me. But please, lend me your strength."

I mentally conveyed my plea to my deceased mother, hoping for success in my revenge plan.

Leaving the cemetery, I noticed the sun was setting. Realizing it was already evening, I decided to text my landlady.

Kinoshita: Hayashi-san, I'll be back in the apartment in two hours.

Hayashi: Okay, but what about dinner?

Kinoshita: Just make dinner for yourself. I'll go to a ramen shop for my meal.

Hayashi: All right. Take care, Kinoshita-kun. Just be cautious; people may recognize you around.

Kinoshita: I know, thanks.

After texting Hayashi-san, I headed to the local ramen shop. It had been years since I had been there, back when I still ate ramen with my worthless family. As I entered the shop, I saw a few customers, mostly middle-aged. Thankfully, no one recognized me, but I maintained my disguise with a jacket and a face mask.