2 | A New Time

"It is so cold on this planet." 

The duo turned to the oblivious, shivering girl. 
Tessa rubbed her arms together, her teeth clanking but it was muffled by her helmet. It was a pretty hilarious sight to both N and Uzi, but the atmosphere was quite tense, causing them to acknowledge but not react to it. They found themselves in the middle of this dim, snowy tundra where the wind came with shards of ice and snow. It wasn't harsh for the drones though, but it gave them a sense of sourness in their hearts.  Another drone landed right in front of them.

"Hello Boss!" She greets Tessa, before peering to N with a firm glance. "Hi N." Her voice isn't as welcoming, as she observes N and Uzi.
"Hi J." N is just the same, not even looking her at the eye as his attention is put to the side. Tessa talks to J for a bit, just some small chitchat as Uzi thinks of a way to divert the conversation from the inevitable.
"Where's V?" It was a bit late now. Silence came crawling into their space again, and it was clear nobody wanted to be the one to break the news. N couldn't even bring himself to look at J, how would he even bother to speak up? And Uzi and her were known for their disagreements in general. But Tessa? No, they were way too close and,

"She's gone." 

"Huh?" J immediately straightened up, looking right at Tessa with a surprised face on her screen, her eyes widening immediately as she twitched slightly. "Eh, what do you mean by that boss?"
Tessa gulped before beginning again. "She isn't with us. Right now." She tried to add, but she was already a second too late, and J pounced into anger.
"Who did that? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Her voice raised, just like the invisible hairs on everyone else as everything became tougher to manage with. 
"She, in a sense., sacrificed herself. Okay? She'll come back, though-"

Everything zoomed past quick, and then J lunged at N, grabbing shoulder with one hand that extended into a claw, and with the other she pulled his tail, causing him to slightly yelp. She dragged it right into his face, before screaming. "This was YOU! You useless, stupid MISTAKE of a bloody DRONE!" She gritted her teeth, coming closer to his face as though she was about to do it until she fell to the ground.

"HEY!" Uzi yelled after pushing J away. Sure, she was now lacking a sufficient weapon at this time, but she had something new. Would it be worth it to use it, though? She froze in place, shaking with her rage. "Why are you treating N this way? How are you so sure this was him!?" She remained, still pushing her point onto J whilst she struggled to stand, groaning.
"He's always been the cause of everything, just look at this complete, UTTER IMBECILE." J's vocabulary was still sharp against the cold air, piercing everybody who was sympathetic, or even simply able to feel empathy, something she seriously lacked.
"You weren't even there?! You stayed out of the conflict, obviously, and stayed to protect instead of attack!" Uzi shook her head with disappointment. Not that she had high expectations of her anyway.

  "Your nothing more then a Worker Drone."

Now it felt as though somebody paused it. The only thing making this feel less then that was the moving hairs and snow particles with the small gust of air.  "Oh you stupid, little-" J began, completely gaining strength and standing up, beginning to charge at Uzi.
"Calm down girl!" Tessa laughed, picking up J for a few seconds before dropping her into the snow. "I think this'll chill you .haha!" Tes slipped into a fit of laughter, falling to the ground herself out of laughter. It's been some time, and even Uzi who had barely known her felt as though she was no different then how she was in those memories. She turned back to N, who was still in a startled position, but once he felt the eyes on him he slipped into a state of false toughness, as though this didn't affect him.  J emerged from the snow, growling with anger and having a bit of a tantrum which was refreshing. 
"Don't Worker Bots have school on this planet or something?" Tessa was intrigued, coming up to Uzi and ignoring J. Uzi nodded, thinking about a reply before she caught her breath suddenly.
"Shoot, I have school today!" She was panicking, trying not to frighten her dad anymore after the first incident. Tes pondered, humming and thinking of a solution.

"Just go to school, we'll pick you up when your needed-"
"What?! No, I want to stay here. With N." One thing she wasn't worried about, was making sure they all knew she was only here for her friend, even if the point was crystal clear.
"Arguing won't make you stay, just go!" Tessa repeated, backing away and turning to J. "We need to find the labs, c'mon." She nodded towards her, and J reluctantly got up before shooting a cold glare towards N, and using vulgar gestures to Uzi before holding onto Tessa and pouncing up into the atmosphere. Uzi turns back to N, who seems deeply left out.
"I'm sorry, N." She whispers again, stepping towards him as she wraps her hands around his metallic body. They shouldn't really feel this, but it's extremely cold now between them. The warmth of the hug is useless against this cheerless tension.
"It's okay." He murmurs, rubbing the top of Uzi's head softly even though the hat blocks him from running his hands straight through her hair. She stares up at him after letting go with a glowing beam. He leaps up into the sky and flies away. "Bye Uzi." 

She watches him as he becomes a single dot in the sky and nods, before running off into the darkness. Her shoes are useless, as the acidic snow burns her feet with it's icy touch, and every step she takes she steps closer to the dark realization that thing's can't always stay the same. Change is the only thing she's used to, but for a second she wished she could just pause time forever. A slower pace, and take things one by one. But she's made to accept change.

But not all the time.

The doors fling open and she's anting, trying to catch her breath. All the eyes are on her, and she feels like she should say something to brighten the mood.

"Err, bite me?"