Piece 11 (part 1)

*CW for talking and describing the act of throwing up*

                Wednesday at 11:39 a.m. is when Noah approached me.

                "Hey, Winter!" He said, making me turn around quickly. I was on my way to go sit with Maria when he said something to me today. He hasn't spoken to me in a couple of months and I just figured that he ended up staying friends with Dally and not me. I understand, that being on two opposite sides is difficult to do.

               "Hey! What's up?" I try to sound welcoming to his presence. It's not that I don't want to talk to him, but I just don't want him thinking that I don't want to talk to him.

               "So.." He rubs the side of his arm, looking away from me. "I should apologize. I'm sorry we haven't talked in so long. That wasn't fair of me to just leave you hanging like that. I am sorry." He's fiddling with his jacket sleeve, rubbing it between his index finger and thumb.

               "I was distraught but I understand. I shouldn't have lost it on Dally like that. I don't know what came over me that day." I say in an attempt to explain myself.

               "Would you want to hang out today? At my house? Dally will be there and I've already talked to him about it and he's willing to try working things out with you." He says with a nervous smile. He's looking at me insanely. There's something in his look that gives me an eerie feeling, telling me I shouldn't agree just yet, so I don't. I tell him I'll think about it and text him later. We say our goodbyes and go our separate ways.

             I sat next to Maria and told her what just happened.

            "Hm." That is all she responds with. "Do you want to?"

            "I do, I really do. It'll only work if Dally has changed." I say, anxiously.

            "Then do it. Go. You can call me if you need anything and I'll be there." She says and smiles at me. "I promise."

             "Okay. I'll send you his address just in case." I text her Noah's address at that moment and we go on with the rest of our lunch.

             It's Friday after school, the day Noah texted me to meet up with him at his house today. He said to come over at 9 p.m. which is an odd time because it's so late. I don't think anything of it though because Dally is a night owl.

            When I got there at 8:52 p.m. I text Maria letting her know I'm there and she responds with a good luck message.

             I ring the doorbell, feeling the anxiety run through me, making my heart pound against my chest. I look at my hands and notice them slightly shaking. My head shoots up when someone opens the door.

             "Winter!" Noah yells, happily. He grabs my jacket sleeve, pulling me inside. "Welcome, welcome." His house has a slight hint of burnt plastic. Like it's coming from another room. His front door leads to the living room. Looking around, everything seems normal. I don't see anyone here.

              "Oh, everyone is in the garage." He says, walking towards the kitchen. Everyone? I thought it was just going to be the three of us. I get slightly angry.

               "What do you mean everyone?" I ask, trying not to sound irritated.

                "Well, everyone! Dally and his girlfriend and his friends." He says, sounding cheery. His fucking friends? The only other friends he has is his fucking drug-addict friends. If this is some fucking party right now, I'm leaving and never giving them another chance. And knowing Dally, that girl does drugs too.