Piece 14 (magical beings explanations)

Warning: This is just an explanation of all the magical beings Maria listed off. If you just want to read about the Vampires, then just read this first part. Then we go to Demons and Daemons and so on. Thank you :)

                 Laying in my bed, my brain feels fried. I have never had so much wide information on me like that. I lay with my eyes wide open in bed, thinking about it all.

                 This may all be scary and a lot to think about, but I'm not alone anymore.

                 "Like I said, I was going to tell you about everything you wanted to know. Which is I'm guessing more on the Vampire's side?"

                 "Yes," I answer.

                 "Okay, let's start from the beginning. Vampires were originally in Europe. The Puritans found out about us."

                 "Us?" I loudly ask. "You were there when the Puritans were?"

                 "What? No, I mean like fellow vampires." She says with confusion.

                 "Oh my god. I thought I talking to some ancient relic"

                 "Wow, how sweet of you. No, I'm not that old. Anyways, a woman was going to be killed in the center of town for a crime. I believe she was accused of letting Demons into the Human Realm...? If my history is correct, but the main jist of it is the fact that she was making deals with the devil."

                "Was she?"

                "Yes, of course. She made a deal with Hell to let Demons into the Human Realm for an eternal afterlife. She didn't say what kind of afterlife though. That night, when she was supposed to be killed, she wrote officially off her life to have an eternal afterlife. The townspeople tied her to a tree for the execution. They had poured her blood around her in a circle, slashed her body open, and left her to bleed out. When all her blood was drained, she was still alive. She had no pulse but she was still breathing. Then, she felt powerful. More powerful than she ever has before. She had gained her eternal afterlife."

                 "Is she still alive?" I ask.

                 "No one knows. She managed to free herself from the restraints and ran off somewhere. Her body healed quickly from the wounds due to the fresh magic. No one has ever seen her since. But she was out there turning other humans into Vampires because, well, here we are now. Still a thing and not extinct. The whole turning process is a lot easier than that now. We don't get our blood poured out like that and shit."

                  "That was very interesting," I say and take a bite of my food.

                  "Very. Then, later on, the Puritans came into the picture. They're the ones who really got the Vampire name popular. But that's way in the future from her time. Anyways, that's the first-ever Vampire story. Historical wise."

                   "How do you turn someone?"

                   "Well, you ask a Demon to do so or you can have another Vampire do it. But, if you do it with another vampire, that vampire has a sort of control over you. How much control they have over you varies to however much they want. If the Demon wishes, they could make you a Vampire. A Demon turning you is a lot more consensual. They can't do it if you don't allow them to. A Vampire can force a turning on you if powerful enough against that human."

                    I don't say anything to that. The fear in me keeps me quiet. Has she ever thought of doing that to me?

                   "But it's okay, the chance of that happening is low. As long as you stay where unempowered humans are, you should be fine." She says.