Ch8: It's the Circle of Life

DEDICATED TO _the_poisoned_youth_
and everyone else whom gave me their opinions, 'twas greatly appreciated.

"Good morning" I called to Carter as he walked down the stairs.

Brandon is still at his math camp and I honestly don't want to know what Connors doing.

"Morning" he yawned and disappeared into the pantry.

"I'm making eggs" j informed him, thinking he might like some.

"Cool" he replied not even sparing me a glance before sitting lazily at the island bar.

I raised an eyebrow at his attitude as he stared down at his phone.

I felt ignored. Frowning I took a small hand of flour and walked up behind him.

"Don't text at the table" I told him scoldingly and slapped his cheek with the flour.

He froze, then slowly his fingers rose to his cheek and swept off some of the whiteness from his face and rubbed it in between his fingers.

"And what was that for?"

I was rethinking my decision and how wise it was now.

"I- I umm I don't quite know." I mumbled quietly and backed away from the chillingly cold boy.

"I think you do know" he stalked towards me.

"Umm" I swallowed nervously as I felt my back hit the wall. He wasn't even an inch away now.

I closed my eyes and expected to feel him kissing me.

"Yeah, Connor and Brandon got a good fight, so now it's my turn"

Oh. I opened my eyes and trained them on the floor so Carter wouldn't see my embarrassment.

I heard him chuckled and shift away from our close proximity, leaving me with enough space to breathe now.

"Totally, the food fight thing."

I mumbled and glared at a smirking Carter. I sulked over to the counter and grabbed the bowl of pancake batter.

"This is for embarrassing me." I said and dumped it in his carelessly tussled hair.

He grunted as I emptied the content of the bowl onto his head.

He looked at me, wiping the batter away from his eye area.

"I would run." he growled playfully.

"What are you a dog?" I teased but nonetheless ran to hide in the pantry.

*******

"We got this" my self esteem tried to cheer me up, but sitting in the corner of a pantry in my milk soaked clothes I haven't but one slim shred of dignity left.

"Fine" I groaned as my inner competitor came out and coaxed me out of the closet like room.

I creeped out an around the corner.

"No sign of Carter" I whispered, I guess to my conscience.

I took a step into the empty kitchen, we'd stayed pretty clean,with just the occasional puddle of milk, batter, or egg. But of course I was the one fully drenched in 1% milk, squishing around in my wet socks. Carter had only gotten the chunky stuff, like the batter, along with some peanut butter I managed to fling into his hair, and of course the occasional egg.

I ventured further into the kitchen, scouting out the dangerous territory.

"Going somewhere?" I yelped in surprise as I was tackled to the ground with Carter hovering over me.

"Gross Carter get off of me! You're covered in pancake batter!"

I wriggled underneath him.

"No" he placed more of his weight on me, entrapping me even more and he pretended to fall asleep.

"Haha Carter now get off." I tried to shove his large frame away.

He just faked snored louder and nestled his head in the crook of my shoulder.

"Carter" I warned.

"Fine" he pushed himself into plank positron and looked at me with a goofy grin

"But first you have to give me a kiss."

I shook my head and tried to slip away, but once again he laid down on top of me.

"Okay fine!" I said irritably. "But just a peck"

He nodded and closed his eyes.

Ha, now he's waiting to be kissed.

"Sorry, you snooze you lose" I laughed and rolled out from under Carter.

I sprinted up the stairs and into my room.

Locking the door behind me I laughed at Carter's voice calling to me through the door.

"Why did you do that?" He said in a whining voice.

"It's the circle of life" I smirked.

"And it moves your soul!" I sang.

"What?" Carter asked

"Don't tell me you haven't seen lion king?" I gaped.

"I don't watch Disney movies." he said dismissively.

I swung the door open and looked to see if he was actually serious.

"Take a shower and meet me downstairs to watch movies" I demanded firmly, this boy has missed an essential part of his childhood.

"Fine" he said and suddenly brought me to his chest and gave me a brief kiss.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He questioned with a smile.

I jus rolled my eyes and pushed him out of my room.

******

Now freshly showered sat on the couch, flicking through Netflix. I glanced down at the list of my favorite childhood movies, venturing from Pixar to Dream Works, and then of course Disney.

My eyes slipped down the list

Shrek
Bolt
Up
Madagascar
Lion King
Brave
Mulan
Pocahontas
Cars.

These were some of my favorite movies, I never did favor the main princesses. I think Meredith, Pocahontas, and Mulan were so influential because Pocahontas had a bittersweet ending and Mulan and Meredith seem to focus more on family.

"Ready?" I asked Carter. He bounded down the last few stairs and plopped onto the couch bedside me.

"As I'll ever be." he sighed

I clicked on Up and smiled as the movie started.

"This is sad" Carter said about five minutes into the movie.

I nodded through the small bit of tears in my eyes.

"Yeah"

He yawned and stretched his and back, and ever so casual and nonchalantly placed it around my shoulder.

I laughed, yet didn't make a move to extract it.

"Smooth moves slick" I whispered, snuggling into it a little.

"I try" he smiled down at me and wink.

I felt my cheeks foolishly tint pink.

What is this boy doing to me?