Epilouge

EMMA

"GET BACK HERE YOUNG MAN!" I yelled running down the hallway waving James's shirt in my hand.

"No!" I heard the little boys voice taunting me. I huffed and stomped into the large kitchen area.

"James Michael, don't make me get your father."

I rounded the corner to find the small six year old trying to hide inside of a cabinet.

"Yes please get father." he said, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Carter!" I yelled, smirking as James's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes my wife?" he set his hands on my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Our child refuses to put his shirt on"

Carter looked at James who was now standing defiantly in front of them shirtless with the band of his ironman underwear showing.

"Ok"

My eyes widened and I turned to face Carter with an exasperated look on my face.

"What? You're going to let him go to Connor and Linds house like that?"

Carter nodded and picked up a confused James into his arms.

"Come on bud" he started walking out of the kitchen, towards the front door.

He set James down by the door and walked back to me to get his jacket and keys.

"He needs a shirt!" I whispered yelled at my blissfully stupid husband.

"Just watch" he grinned and followed James back out the door.

"And don't forget his shirt" he called back quietly.

"What?" I was more confused than ever now. hesitantly I picked up the small shirt I had thrown on the counter and hurried out the door.

It was six years ago when Carter and I got married, it was one of the best days of my life. It was a year later that we had James, the cute little rugrat that made Carter drive me to the hospital at three o'clock in the morning, through a hail storm all the way to the hospital to then find out it was a false alarm. that happened twice, before I actually gave birth to him.

He finally came into this world on December 20, five days before Christmas. He was me and Carter's special present.

"Emma?" Carter's voice snapped me back to the present.

I glanced at the two boys in the car, well I guess man and boy.

"Sorry" I apologized slipping into the passenger seat and clipping the buckle into place.

"It's ok mummy I forgive you"

I smiled at James and leaned into the backseat to check his car seat.

"Already did that babe"

I rolled my eyes and plopped back into my own seat.

"You're making me look like the irresponsible parent" I whined, hitting him on the arm.

He chuckled and pulled out of the driveway to our large four story mansion of a house, which at first I hated because it was so big and empty, but I eventually gave in to Carter's begged as he insisted on spoiling me.

"Ok James baby boy, do you have your toy cars so you and Jason can play?"

"Yep!" He exclaimed happily and held up the barrel of small hot wheels up for me to see.

I faced the road again sighing, I leaned back in my seat.

"What's wrong babe?" Carter asked placing a hand over mine on the main console, his eyes looked at me a bit worriedly.