Ch12: I Love You More

EMMA

"oh my gosh Carter! this is amazing!"

I took another swig of the vinegar.

"What is it?" He asked from his small office room in our penthouse.

"Come in here!" I called, beckoning him to join me as I tested the vinegar once again.

"I'm coming"

I heard the squeak of Carter's wheelchair as he maneuvered it up to the kitchen table.

Carter has now been a paraplegic for one year and two months, yet he still manages to stay fit much to my amazement. I mean, I still have two working legs and I don't even want to wake up most days.

"Ok so what's so great?" He asked.

I grinned and unwrapped one of the small tablets from the package.

"Ok, let this dissolve on your tongue"

I placed the tablet on the pad of his hand.

He put it on his tongue and waited until it was gone.

"Ok now, eat this"

I said excitedly and handed him a lemon slice.

"What why?" He looked at me with confusion etched in his features.

"Do it" I urged.

He reluctantly brought the sour fruit to his mouth and took a cautious bite.

His eyes automatically widened in surprise as he tasted the now improved taste of the lemon.

"What was that tablet?" He took another bite of lemon.

I grinned and handed him the package for the awesome tablets.

"Miracle fruit tablet." he read "turn sour sweet."

He set the box down, clearly impressed.

"Where'd you get that?" He asked, examining the labels.

"I saw it on the science channel when I was folding laundry." I explained getting up to look for more sour things.

"You and your science channel." Carter shook his head and chuckled.

"Well it is my profession."

After the accident I attended my last few months of high school online, and now take college classes online too, currently working on my degree in earth and animal science I chose online so I could stay home and help Carter, even though he is the head of a very successful business, that was handed down to him just four months ago from his deceased grandfather.

"Well, I'm going to the store to buy more sour things need anything?" I asked Carter as I slung my purse over my shoulder.

"You're crazy" he laughed and wheeled out into the living room to make sure I get out to my car safe.

"I wander whose fault that is?" I looked at him teasingly and gave him a quick kiss.

"Bye love you" I called, stepping into the elevator.

"Call me when you're there, love you too!"

I rolled my eyes at his request but still set the idea in my mind to remember.

"Yeah ok bye"

****

"Yeah ok bye" Emma waved one last time before the elevator vanished from my sight.

I watched through the window to make sure her forest green Mercedes Benz pulled out.

My phone sounded in my pocket an Connors face popped up.