I'm Outta Here!

Let's imagine.

You were living on earth, living a jaded life doing the same task and feeling like a nobody. then being transported to a completely different world. I won't delve into the details, it was kind of annoying, but I got through it.

I know right? Crazy.

but today is the day that I will conquer a ship and leave this island! well... not really conquer but more of sneaking onto it.

You see, I've been trying to get on this damn wooden ship for the past few weeks, and each time I fail. After failing a bit too much in a row, you would think I would just take my lost and stay here. I did really think of staying here, but as much as I wanted to, I really didn't want to stay here any longer. I can't fail again.

you would think getting on a ship around the medieval age where you can just go and work basically anywhere, making a living would be easier. But sadly, no. None of the movies are accurate.

But I am human! I won't let my incompetence stop me! This time is different, after learning from my past failures, I have not only brought a disguise, a [hidden] spell, and a fake ID. I thought of many ways to get into the ship too.

The hardest part is the ID checks. I wasn't the only one hitching a ride to the mainland. Getting an ID card Sounds easy right? Nope. most people fail, why you may ask? They're Stupid that's why.

For one you need a registered camera person taking your picture, which could easily cost you tons of money. Then you need a preexisting ID like an adventurer card which also cost you tons of money too. then you need to get the townhall with both the picture and the info on the adventurers' card, which you guess it cost tons of money! You see why people don't do this? this is why we can't have nice things.

I've seen many fails before me in worse way too. but me being caught? Nah I've never heard of it, I'm built different. I've got the brains and tools. Just ignore that I was them at one point. how did I get the fake ID? I don't want to talk about it.

Enough standing around, I've got a ship to sneak into. With my disguise on, the walk to the ID checks begins. The ID checks were located in the dock, the dock itself was massive but full of life, kids running around, old people fishing, and stands selling foreign items.

I wish could stay longer but I got a ship to sneak into.

Walking by, there were crates and barrels scattered sparsely around. They were organized into neat little piles with their respective piles of stuff. Some contained weapons like swords and shields, others were full of oils, beer, and wine. Even some had live animals: chickens, cattle, but there's some I don't recognize but they reek of gasoline, but no one seems to notice the potent stench.

Hah, the smell of the wine and beer is amazing, too bad the smell gasoline ruins it.

After some walking I finally reached the ID checkpoint. It was way bigger than I thought. it was like going to TSA airport security with their many checkpoints and long lines. 

You gotta be kidding me? I don't want to go through this. This must be a universal evil.

I pep talked to myself, "I'm here and I can't waste all the effort I've put into this!" I continued forward with determination to the lines and waited. How bad could it be?

...

It's been over one hour since I've been on this line which felt like 10 years. I'm losing hope of ever leaving. Why must be so slow? *sigh* I guess another time. I was about to give up and have my journey end before it even starts.

*BOOM! *

I and many others heard an explosion coming from behind and looked in the general direction. Within seconds, the dock went from messy but somewhat orderly life into absolute chaos, all the guards in the immediate area ran towards the scene.

Apparently,  a livestock managed to escape from its cage and is rampaging through the dock. Jeez, I wonder how. I welcome the change though. But hey, no line? Now that's a win!

The once-waiting line that stood still as a mountain was gone in the next, everyone ran away, and a stampede formed in its wake. Wow. After looking at the new situation for a bit, I quickly joined the wave of people running towards the ship. So much for planning huh?

I felt time slowing around me, seeing the people around me running for their lives with no sign of discrimination or care but themselves.

The young running first in the crowd, the old being carried by some of the young holding on to them for dear life, the rich with their expensive jewelry falling off from the clothes and pockets, the poor with their eyes fixated on the newly fallen gems trying to grab them before they vanish into the crowd, the Beast men panting loudly, to the nine to five workers who seem happy. Awe, Good for them.

We ran as one running to the same destination. Now this is real fun. Running with all these people really felt like a massive race. What was the finish line? It was the ship.

We kept continuously running towards the ship as it ever grew bigger with its wooded haul covered in years of barnacles and other marine life, multiple large sails flying up with ropes moving along.

The crew saw the stampede of people but only seeing a massive tidal wave, in a panic frenzy the bridge connecting the ship and the docks together was being drawn up and fast. How rude of them. but that wouldn't deter me. I rushed through, shoving people out of my way and ignoring their kind words.

"Hey! Watch it, jackass!"

"Oof! excuse me? Do you who..."

"Oh sorry!"

This was it. I see the bridge almost retreated back into the ship. Many try to stop before reaching the edge, but the rest of the crowd forces them to take a swim.

Should've worn a swimsuit huh?

Without any hesitation I cast my 'hidden' spell and jumped the gap.

Time slowed.

I felt the winds flowing all over me, the rush of adrenaline going through my body, and hearing many jumping with me and falling into the water below. The boat drifted further away from me, with time growing slower and slower.

Come on, COME ON. I held my breath. I'm nearly there. Just a bit MORE.

...

I grab the rail not without hitting the ship *OOF* Ouch. My body swing like the sails desperately holding on as I painstakingly climbed onto the ship.

I plop myself on to the floor of the ship exhausted. I wipe the sweat off my forehead, the relief and adrenaline rushing through my body this feels great. Finally! this time it was a success! I high fived myself.
I'm *heavy breathing* never doing that thing *more heavy breathing* again!

After resting I slowly got up and look around the ship, even when leaving early. The thing was crowded with people, cargo, and crew members just like the docks.

It reminds me being on one of those old tours where you were on an old ship and seeing how it works. The sails moving up, the ship leaving the dock, the sea birds flying away. The only thing missing from this was a person explaining it. I miss those days.

I never went alone on these things I was always with my family on these trips. Seeing what life was like then, how people navigated in the waters without the power of phone and GPS. But we go there mainly due to the free things around. Hey, free is free.

Now, being alone on this ship, in a different world with talking animals, powerful beasts, and ancient wonders, you would think a nobody like me would crumble like sand and hide away, but no, my curiosity outweighs my fears.

I craved to see what this world offers. I look forward to the sea excited, seeing the sea sparkle as if it were a sea of gems stretching out for miles without end in sight. I thought to myself, I can't wait to see this all the shit I'm going to hate. I chuckle to myself quietly.

Before I tell you how I got here, I need to tell you about my life before this.

*Picture, jak on the ship looking out in amazement*