Try Something New?

How? HOW!?

How has it come to this? I checked on checks to make sure I wasn't being followed. Thoughts race through my head.

How did he know?

He'd smiled, "I'll tell you. You're crafty, making things disappear and reappear in the smoke. It was pretty impressive."

Was he making fun of me? Or was he being genuine? I couldn't care less anymore, I needed to leave but he was at the door.

*Picture, the wolf stands at the door*

he continues, "You know what disguises to use, I couldn't tell at first. You know how to elf with that poker face of yours, but you miss one tiny thing about me.", He points to his nose and says, "I'm a wolf."

Is he referring to the smell? Maybe I should've known, but I was in 'get the fuck outta here' mode. I can't help but be a bit curious, why now? What is his plan?

I ask him how with the most threating voice I could, "How did you find me out, and how long did you follow me?"

The wolf looked taken back from my response, but he answered.

"Oh, umm, to answer the following part, it was at the very first moment you'd woken up, and to answer the question of how I found you out, it was because of your scent."

Wow, maybe I should've worn deodorant huh?

"And yes, I knew where you were from your campsites, and the stream too."

Good to know now-

"I couldn't see you, but I could smell you."

...why the last part?

I respond in the most gross-out tone, "Damn, a creep and a stalker? Yikes!"

The wolf was flustered but soon took offense at my statement.

"W-what? No! I'm not a stalker!"

"You stalked me for the past few days."

"I'd stayed away from you at a safe distance, and I watch for your safety!"

"Oh, watch for my safety? Does the 'watched for my safety' also include looting and making me feel uncomfortable?"

The wolf was silent for a few seconds, his face showing guilt, he continues to talk.

"It doesn't matter now; I have you here, and I don't mean you harm, human."

"Oh really? You didn't make a good first impression by looting my stuff, you know?"

"Look, I'm—I'm sorry for that. it's just that I was too curious about you! you're the first human I've seen! I just wanted to know more about your kind.", The wolf tried to keep a straight face but his ear lowered and his tail tucked between his legs.

...Cute.

After hearing his reason, I guess I could understand why. Seeing a mysterious creature does make one very curious maybe too curious for him.

I guess I could listen.

"Fine, I guess I could hear you out; after all, I'm in a bit of a tight spot. You're blocking my only exit and all".

The wolf's ear perked up, "Really? I mean, yes! I do have you in my paws". He puffs his chest out.

It's cute yes, but why?

With that in mind, I confront him with a barrage of questions:

"So, what are you going to do with me? Are you going to kill me and sell my limbs and organs? Are you going to sell me off to people as an exotic pet? Are you-"