Chapter 3 - Vitya Yarlu

***

I walk up to the Esposito household. Knocking on the door with two loud bangs. I wait nervously outside and alone as I check my watch. 7:03PM, great, I am late to our organized rendezvous. I wait outside for another minute, but not long after, the door swings open aggressively.

Awaiting me was Trinity, who I heard was padding down the hallway to answer the door and let me in.

"Hi, Trinity! Am I late?" I asked, looking behind her in an attempt to see the others. She shook her head and gestured me inside, following closely behind me after shutting the door.

My eyes dart around the hallway, looking at all the childhood photos hanging up nearby. One was just a tinier version of Enzo smiling at the camera, and another was one of Maritza and Enzo both to what appears to be a school sibling photo.

It seemed recent because of Enzo's dramatic change in height. Further along was a family picture with Mr. Esposito, Miss Esposito before she passed away, tiny Enzo and what appears to be a baby Maritza Esposito.

I smiled at the sight of seeing a happy and functioning family all together.

"Come on, Vitya! You are already three minutes, so don't make it an hour!" I hear Raven and Laiker call in unison. They both laughed at the end as I raced down the hallway to join them.

As I dash into the dimly lit room, (that is mostly organized, except for a few stray note papers,) filled to the brim with maps all on the ground. I spot a one of its kind Laiker and Raven shooting finger guns at each other, screaming "Jynx!" to try and knock them off guard.

Enzo turns around and gestures for me and Trinity to come in. I jump on Aria and knock her off her feet while Ivan, watching the scene unfold, just stares at the performance.

Aria rolls her eyes and punches me, a little too rough, but it's fine. "Stop Vitya! It's not funny!" She scoffed and sat down angrily. Ivan walked over to Laiker and gently sat down like a pure saint.

I jump onto the bed and kick Maritza off, getting a friendly glare and shove back, followed by a groan. I smile and make room for her to sit on but she refuses and sits in-between Enzo and Raven.

Enzo begins explaining what the plan is, I frown as he mentions the topic of our deceased friend. I stare out the window for a bit. My thoughts are running wild. Pictures fill my head of my friends being ripped to pieces and teared apart until there's nothing left of them.

I shake my head and shake away those thoughts as well, I have until tomorrow night to prepare.