Chapter 7 - Dexx Delany

I hear little footsteps padding up the stairs and I poke my head around the corner to see my sister running up the steps and into her room, slamming the door. I paused for a moment and followed her up to her room and barged into the room.

She spun around and stared at me for a minute like she saw a ghost before yelling at me, "I told you to knock!"

I roll my eyes in response and my eyes trail to her hand which has a walkie-talkie. I raise my eyebrow at her and she follows my gaze into her hand. Then we stare at each other and I break the silence.

"Where are you going?" Her eyes widened and she replied with a sigh, "How did you know?"

"You aren't meeting up with your friends and I knew because you always do this." She frowned and I nodded in response.

I extend my hand out to her and she places the walkie-talkie into my palm. I looked at her one final time before turning around and heading down the stairs. I heard her exhale deeply and mutter something about how I'm a terrible brother.

Either way, 'terrible brother' or not, I am still protecting her no matter what she whispers or tells her friends.

I hear some rustling from her bedroom and her door swings open. "I'm going anyway!"

She screamed, sprinting down the stairs and through the front door. Since I had almost no time to react, I just ignored her for the moment. I heard her friends talking through the speaker-phone of the walkie-talkie and made a mental note of who spoke and who said what.

Ivan, Enzo and Maritza were speaking inaudibly over the speaker. So I tried to decipher what on earth they were talking about, but they only mentioned something about meeting up in the... forest? Weather station?

It all hits me like a brick. She is meeting up with all her friends at the weather station, and she purposely hid it because she knew it was a terrible idea and that she wasn't allowed to.