Chapter 8 - Aria Levine (Not Finished)

"Am I interrupting something?" Finch stands in the doorway with a questioning look.

I can't blame her. "No, just Raven and Enzo staring into each other's eyes and blushing while Ivan and Laiker have a couple's quarrel about whether pizza or cake is better." I say while Maritza doesn't even make an effort to contain her laughter.

I'm proud of myself for sounding remotely normal but my pride is short-lived as the entire group starts staring at me with a knowing look. Finch moves to stand beside me as I continue leaning out and onto the trellis to study the Peterson house, as it allows me to look somewhere other than Finch.

An hour later, we're heading to the weather station. Enzo and Raven's cuddling, (because they're both, but mainly Enzo, too scared to walk alone without their 'dear sweetheart',)is interrupted by strange noises coming through our walkie-talkies.

"What is that?" pipes up Trinity. "I don't know, but my brother confiscated my walkie-talkie so he might've dropped it or something..?" Vitya is quick with a response

"Would a drop really make a shrieking sound followed by scuffing?" I shrug in answer and say. "Boy will be boys!" which earns a round of "Hey!" from Ivan and Enzo.

We make it to our destination and make a quiet entrance, (Finch breaking the window with her slingshot and scattering glass everywhere). "Split up and look around." says Raven before immediately pairing up with Enzon for 'no reason!'. Ivan and Laiker go together, Maritza goes into a three with Trinity and Vitya. Of course they had to leave me with Finch!