Chapter 5 - Finch

I overhear that group talking more about the myth of Raven Brooks. I look over and see the blonde chick staring me right in the face.

As we make eye contact, her eyes grow to the size of bowling balls and she looks down at her hands, which are in her lap. Man, that girl is weird!

Trinity starts to explain about the raven man, but I'm not quite sure if I can believe their 'sighting' just yet.

I'm not sure why, but I barge into their conversation.

"Okay, my question is, why have you guys stooped this low that now you believe in that garbage?" I asked, looking over at Trinity.

She frowned and sighed, putting the palm of her hand on her forehead. The weird, blonde girl spoke up randomly, saying:

"So are you up for meeting up in the locker room after school or not?" I notice her voice squeaky in her tone and it seemed she was rushing to speak. I tilt my head to the side and her cheeks turn a light shade of red.

I assume she is embarrassed because she said it so out of context. They all turned their heads to face me and I nodded.

"Sure. Why not."

Maritza starts to speak. "Hey, do we get a say in this?"

Trinity turns to her and says calmly, "Nope!"

***

It's now three o'clock and I raced to be at the locker room in time. Nothing worse than being late. Luckily, I'm not first, either. Trinity, Enzo and Laiker are already there, awaiting me and the others. Shortly after, Ivan and Maritza follow behind. And finally, Vitya and Raven, gossiping who-knows-what about Mrs. Ryland. Then suddenly Aria appears behind me.

"Gah! Does she always do that?" I hiss, spinning around to face her. "Yes. Yes she does." I hear a reply coming from Laiker while Maritza and Enzo are smirking beside them.

I sigh and shake my head as Trinity and Vitya explain to me about our plan.

"So, we have to get past the town gates and into the forest. Otherwise, we might get caught." Trinity explains, using many hand gestures.