Chapter 6 - Raven Roth

I roll my eyes as I watch Trinity explain the plan, using 'many' hand gestures. I turn to Finch and point at her. "Now that you know we plan to ransack Peterson's house, you have to help us. That way, if you decide to tell Principal Abanante, we can take you down with us."

Maritza nods along with me, grinning and Aria's eyes go wide. "Uhh.. don't believe anything Raven says. Almost everything she says isn't true." Aria stands there nervously and I frown, crossing my arms and scoffing.

"Thanks, Aria." I say, rolling my eyes. "You're too kind." I look away from Aria who is still making 'googly eyes' at Finch. Ivan looks nervous and inches a little closer to Laiker, who wraps her arm around him.

The school bell rings, indicating that the school day is over and we all grab our bags. "Meet at my house at 7pm sharp. Don't be late." Trinity reminds us and she walks off with Vitya. I grab my stuff and look at Laiker. "Are you and Ivan still walking home with us?" Laiker nods and stands up, grabbing her school bag.

We eventually get going and leave school. As we walk down the streets, Maritza starts to whine. "I'm bored.. Enzo! Piggy back me!" Maritza demands. After a short argument. (It ended because Maritza threatened to throw her soccer ball at Enzo), he gave in and gave Maritza her piggy back, as requested. It was funny at first, seeing Enzo so easily give in to his younger sister but the novelty wore off when I had to carry Enzo and Maritza's bags as well as my own. Lucky me.

Maritza yawned and smirked. "Oi Ivan! Don't you have that job of your's to get to?" Ivan thought about it for a moment and then his eyes went wide. "Shoot!" He said goodbye to us all and ran off.

"Well that was rude." Laiker sighed dramatically, pretending to be rude. "Laiker, we all know that you like him and that in your eyes, he can do no wrong." I laugh, earning a warning glance from Laiker and an elbow to the ribs.

As we turn onto the street, Friendly Court, (which is starting to look even less friendly than when we first came here), I turn to my friends. "My house is up here. I'll see you guys at Trinity's place?" Enzo nods along with Laiker and Maritza pipes up. "7pm sharp! Don't be late." she says, trying but failing to mimic Trinity's 'mature' voice. I grin at Maritza's imitation. "See you then." I walk off down the street.

My pace quickens though, when I approach the Peterson house. I eventually make it to my house, running up the porch steps and into the house. I slam the door behind me and run up the stairs to my room. I dump my bag on the floor of my bedroom and climb up onto the windowsill, sitting on it and looking out the window. I sigh as I look out to the Peterson house, wishing Nicky would just appear again.