🌑 Free Wings 🌑

POV - Mist the Skrill

Time - Midnight
Location - Forest Island

Mist's talons skimmed the island, landing as she looked around. Dark night skies above, along with a huge forest ahead of her.
It was weirdly quiet. No birds. No sounds or sights of dragon roars or growls. Nor the sound of human voices or steps.
She had never been to this island, or many at the least. Captivity really kept most of her life limited.
It pained her. Knowing how much time she was held behind, when she could've felt this feeling of...What was it again?
"Freedom..."
She gasped, taking a step forwards. Soft grass brushed against her scales. It felt odd, as if something was clawing her at all times. But she slowly grew used to it on her walk.
Trees towered all around her. Those are tall...Super tall... Mist wasn't used to being towered over at such heights. Only a few occasions when it came to dragons within the arena...She thought, shaking the arena out of her head instantly.
"Agh! Stupid...Mind...Get your head out of there...!"
Mist growled, baring her teeth as she swung her head all over. Causing her to lose her balance slightly, but she didn't notice, her mind was all over. Stop with it! Get out of my HEAD!

In that moment, she let out an agonising roar, pointing her gaze straight for the clouds. It echoed all over, causing flocks of birds to fly away. Then, from afar, another roar came. Mist jumped, clamping her mouth shut the instant.
Narrow eyed, she froze, lowering her body closer to the ground. The forest she was in was dark, trees all over with a few bushes here and there. She made an attempt to hide using them, keeping her eyes locked above.
The trees made a small opening, allowing the stars to shine down.
Distant roar.
There it is again...Mist's spikes perked high. A sense of curiosity spiked within her. She knew it was wrong, but she had freedom, maybe that WAS the right thing to do.
Slowly, she made her way to the roars. They carried on and on. Causing her head to ache.

The closer she got, the more sound she could hear. Running Water? Bugs? Thats what they're called right?...Footsteps!? She made an attempt to recognise all the surrounding sounds. All of which she wasn't used to hearing. Many she was sure she had gotten wrong.
Then, a downed figure came into view. Its scales were a deep purple, with yellow tints. Their spines laid back, no motion. Same as their body. Mist spotted no sign of life from it.
Making sure she was right, she stepped closer. Emerging from the darkened forest. She made her moves slow and quiet. Trying not to lure any unwanted foe to her.

The body was motionless. Their eyes wide open, but no signs of breathing. Mist held her breath, acknowledging that another dead body laid before her. Looking at it more, she could tell it was a nadder, which hit her with a deeper pain. Its like...Him...He was a nadder too..
Flaring her wings slightly, she held back a sudden roar. Her heart burned at the thought. She missed him dearly. Those damn hunters... She hissed, shaking her tail dangerously.

Then...It hit her...The dragon before her was dead, meaning, another could've ended their life.
Not trying to raise her paranoia, she circled the body. Checking for any causes of death, or specifically any reason to say she was the only one on the island! Totally safe! And there being no other dragon with her!
But as she circled it, she saw no sign of injury. Not a single mark of burns, scars, bites or arrows.
"Strange..."
She remarked, nodding at the body as she sat in front of it.
"...Then how did you-"
Her body jerked back as the so called dead dragon flared it's beautiful wings open, flicking its spined tail towards Mist. She flew up, avoiding the spines. The nadder roared, blasting Mist's side with a burning blaze.
Agh!? It burns!! She fell to the ground, being absolutely winded by the sudden heat and pressure to her side. ( Some side information on Mist. She was born with a scale defect, making her scales much more pale than normal. Allowing fire to damage and hurt her more than for any normal skrill )

Slamming against the grounds. She looked up instantly, searching for the dragon. Then she spotted them charging at her, bared teeth, rabid eyes, their spines flared. In a weak attempt, she stood her ground, lowering her body.
"I don't want to fight! Please! Calm down!!"
Mist yelled, accidentally snapping the last part. In that instant, the nadder paused, keeping their flared posture, but instead they analysed Mist.
"You...Don't...?"
She questioned, her spines toning down along her tail. A sigh of relief left Mist. Phew...I hate fighting nadders...Those were a pain- MIST! STOP THINKING OF THE ARENA!
Stupidly, she made a weird face as she thought to herself. Soon noticing the other dragon was giving her a weird glance. Laughing to herself awkwardly, she responded.
"No...No I don't...I came here...Looking...Looking! For a...Place to...Rest basically...Yeah!"
Their gaze become more weirded out as Mist spoke, making her insides turn. I suck at this! I was never taught to talk!! ARGHHH! STUPID HUNTERS!
"Oookayy?..."
She responded, looking around the area as if asking to be saved from this alien. Mist felt smaller, weaker even at her posture. Then, they walked away, without giving her a glance.
"Weird dragon..."
She heard her whisper under her breath. Mist fought the sudden urge to dunk its head in the river. Weird!? Your the weird one!

A bewildered look lurked within Mist's eyes. Then, she turned to the river, staring deep into the reflections. She froze, her yellow eyes traced along her own. Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground, covering her head with her wings. Her tail slowly curling to her front. Her pale-purple scales shining from the moon. Baring her teeth, she dug the claw of her wing into her scales. Not deep enough to bleed, but enough for her to feel something...Something other than what she WAS feeling.
"Why am I like this..."
She thought grimly, holding back the burning sensation clawing at her eyes.
"What...is this...?"
Questioning at the sudden burn near her eyes, a drip of water fell down the side of her face. She also questioned the feeling she felt within her. It felt like she was being strangled, by pure air!
Shaking her head, she buried her head back into her wings.
"Oh Dev...I wish you were here right now..."