2- race day

Narrator's pov

"SHIT OMG WE ARE SO LATE!!! VAL WAKE UP WE'RE GONNA MISS OUR FLIGHT!!" Shouted Kika. Valentina just mumbled something before turning over and falling out of bed. Their flight left at 3pm and it was currently 1pm. The girls hurriedly packed there things together and rushed to the airport. They managed to hop on the plane just in time before it departed. "I'm soooo tired, why did u let me drink so much last night?" Valentina moaned. 

"Cos I'd drunk too much as well. But not as much as you!" Kika laughed in response. 

"I'm gonna try and sleep before we land so Pierre doesn't have a go at me for being so hungover when I'm meant to be supporting him" said Valentina.

 Valentina's pov

When we landed we checked into our hotel as we had already missed Friday practice. When we saw Pierre he was upset about not doing well that day so he just went straight to his room he was sharing with Kika. I decided just to have an early night ready to support my brother the next day. It was a good qualifying for Pierre on Saturday and he would be starting the race on p4.

Sunday began like any other usual morning, I took my medication as soon as I woke up, got dressed and had breakfast. A knock on my door interrupted me and my music and I went to see who it was. It was Pierre and Kika. "You ready Val?" He asked.

"Yep just coming" I called back. I put on my leather jacket and walked out the hall and down the hallway, third wheeling as per usual. When we got to the paddock there was a mob of fans waiting to catch a glimpse of their favourite drivers. "GOOD LUCK TODAY PIERRE!!" "PIERRE, KIKA, YOURE MY FAV COUPLE EVER!" "OMG LOOK IS VALENTINA GASLY!!"

We went to the alpine garage and watched Pierre prep for the race. I hoped he would get a podium today as he really deserved it with all the work he'd put in. What felt like minutes later it was lights out. Kika and I watched in anticipation. "Gasly now tries to overtake Sainz. Oooh there was nearly a bit of contact there... ah and he's no overtaken Sainz!"

"YES! GO ON PIERRE!" Cried everyone from the garage. There were 4 laps left and if Pierre could hold his position he could get a podium. I found myself holding my breath the entire final lap. 

"AND THATS ANOTHER WIN FOR VERSTAPPEN WITH LECLERC IN P2 AND GASLY IN P3! WHAT AN EXCELLENT RACE!!"

"OMG HE DID IT!!! HE GOT A PODIUM!!" Kika shouted. "Come on we can go and celebrate!" Said one of the mechanics. We ran as fast as our feet could carry us to go and see him get his podium. We all screamed and cheered as he got his trophy. I had a proud little sister moment. 

As Charles took his trophy I couldn't help but appreciate for the first time just how handsome he was. I'd seen him many times before as him and Pierre were practically best friends but I'd never really appreciated him this much before. I'd never noticed how his dark hair swayed in the breeze and how his eyes emerald eyes shone in the sun light. As he looked down and scanned the crowd bellow him we made eye contact. He smiled at me and waved and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. What was happening? I couldn't be falling for him. Could I?