10- date

Valentina's pov

I was waiting for Charles at the docks. He was only a couple of minutes late but I was still stressing that he'd just ditched me. I fiddled with my bracelet as I looked at the people near me hoping that one of them was Charles. Suddenly a loud boat horn made me jump and turn around. I saw Charles standing on his yacht smiling at me. Relief washed over me as he beckoned me on board. 

As I was stepping onto the deck he politely offered me his hand. He was such a gentleman. He took my hand and lead me to a small table lit with candles. There was wine and he had made my absolute favourite food, carbonara. I blushed slightly as I saw what he'd done for me. 

We sat down and spent the entire meal talking and laughing with each other. I felt like I could just be myself around Charles and he could be himself around me. 

Charles stopped smiling and awkwardly looked down at his hands.

"Is everything ok?" I asked nervously. 

"Yeah I just need to tell you something" he began. "Ever since I first met you all those years ago I thought you were the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Every time we're apart all I can think about is you. So... if you'll have me... will you be my girlfriend?" 

My eyes filled with tears at his words, happy tears though.

"Of course I will" I responded, blushing slightly. 

The rest of the time was perfect, we spent a couple of hours taking the yacht out and Charles told me about all the amazing places he would show me in the future. Then when the sun went down we laid on the top deck watching the stars. 

"Did you know that ones the North Star?" Charles said pointing at the sky. 

I smiled before saying yes. He ran his fingers through my hair, making butterflies shoot through my stomach. I snuggled into him more and he wrapped his arm around me. 

"Are you cold?" He asked.

"A bit"

"Here" he said grabbing his hoodie for me. 

I put it on and laid back down next to Charles, gently resting my head on his chest. The hoodie was way too big for me and the arms completely covered my hands. It smelt like him too, that comforting, yet fresh scent. 

Eventually I fell asleep, with Charles gently stroking my hair and my arms wrapped around him. The last thing I remembered thinking before sleep took me was, what did I do to deserve this man? This kind, handsome, incredible man. 

— 

Authors note:

GUYS IM ACTUALLY SO FED UP WITH THIS STORY!!! I HATE IT NOW AND I REALLY WANT TO START A NEW ONE ABOUT F2! Should I finish this one quickly and then start writing an f2 story if anyone's interested? The f2 story would be Ollie Bearman/Arthur Leclerc x Macey Aron. Also I know Arthur isn't in f2 anymore but for the story we can just pretend like he is xx

Please let me know your thoughts🫶🫶