Karva Chauth

Avni's POV:

I think I woke up too early today, it's only 4'o clock today when my eyes are fung open. I looked around the room which I say is my new room. Yesterday's flashback started appearing in my mind, shaking those unwanted thoughts from my head I got up to freshen up.

After I got ready, I came back to the room just to find Aayansh sleeping in his bed. Yeah, I do sleep on the couch I don't know if I was expecting him to say anything else for me not sleeping on the bed (I guess I did) but does it matter? He never really wanted me in his life never really liked me.

I took a seat on the chair near the window and looked at the sunrise not really knowing what to do I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my social media and emails. I let out a sign ,okay this isn't working.

Changing into a light green anarkali and with my usual normal makeup I left the room. I looked at my watch it's 5:45 only.

On usual days I would have started working on my laptop for new designs for my next fashion show but lately I am not in the right state of mind.

It's not like I don't like doing my work, I do. Infact I love it so much. After the marriage I have paid a visit to my office, they all congratulated me for my wedding. Esha is my best friend who is also my business partner she suggested to me that I should take this month off so that I could connect with his family. I did as she suggested but now I am regretting it.

I don't really know how to spend my day, Vani and Shreya were always there to give me a company but there's something missing I don't really know what it is but somehow I miss my family, I miss them so much.

"You're awake already?" Maa asked me as I entered the kitchen. "Woh nind tut gyi" I said, looking at her cutting vegetables I asked "Can I help you?"

"No. No. It's okay, have a seat" she replied, pointing me towards the kitchen island. I took a seat near her.
"Avni beta" maa said, "Jii?" I replied.

"As you may know tomorrow is karwa chauth so as the elder daughter-in-law of our family you have to do the fast" She said. I didn't really remember about it until now, I remember how my mom used to fast for my dad,and I remember him doing the fast with my mother too. Me and my brother used to do it too just to encourage them,or maybe for fun? Our whole family used to do the fasting just because my mother did it.

"I will do the fast" I said.

Author's POV:

Everyone was having their breakfast, but Aayansh wasn't on the table. After the chat with anjali, avni got to help the other maids with the breakfast. She kept on looking towards the stairs waiting for ayanash to come. She was waiting for him so that they could have there breakfast together.

"Shreya,go and call ayanash right now. Does he plan to get Avni starving" Anjali said in a serious tone.

Avni was serving foods to the members waiting for Aayansh to come downstairs just as the footsteps started to fill the room. "He is here" Shreya said.

Avni looked at Aayansh who was already looking at her, he took his usual place as Avni started to serve him breakfast their hands touched for a brief seconds which made the both of them skip a beat of their heart.

"Avni, you too sit. Servants will serve the food" Anjali said. Avni agreed with her and took her seat near Aayansh. They all ate there food in silence.

After sometimes all the men of the family took their leave with Aayansh included.

-After an hour-