04|The Mark Of Nimueh

Aurelia was sitting on the highest rooftops of the castle, sitting on the highest point she could find. She was shaking her head as she leaned back, staring up at the dark sky and she could feel something rumbling. Aurelia sat up at once, turning around quickly to see that a familiar shape had landed on the roof. "Are you absolutely mad?" She accused Aethon at once, as the big dragon was currently standing as lightly as he could on the roof, without crashing through it into the citadel below.

"I need your help." Aethon replied immediately and Aurelia sighed, before she got up and she was quickly climbing up one of his legs, since putting any more of his own weight onto the roof was liable to make it collapse. Aurelia was seated on his back comfortably, before he was lifting off into the air and he was winging away towards the forest.

"I can't stay out all night, Aethon, you know that."

"I know. But right now, your own kind needs your help. I could feel them calling out with their mental pleas for aid, something has happened to them."

"What? What happened to the druids?"

"I don't know. But I believe, that at least a few of them know of you."

"I'm not exactly hiding in Camelot. But, I understand why none of them are willing to come to me. Uther Pendragon continues to rule and magic is still outlawed, most likely until either Arthur or Lynella become King or Queen, respectively."

"Hang on!"

They dove down and Aurelia was clinging to the spikes on his neck just in front of her, not particularly wanting to fall off of his back from such a great height. When they landed, Aethon let out a loud huff and smoke came out of his snout. Aurelia was slipping off of his back, landing on the ground.

"Ignis." She murmured quickly and then a ball of fire came alive in her hand, which she held up higher to allow her to see the area around her. "Aethon called." She said and a moment later, the others were appearing out of the shadows around her.

Aethon stayed at her shoulder, moving step-by-step at a time now, since a single, smaller step for him was more like hundreds for Aurelia. "What has happened?" Aurelia asked as she looked around, unsure of what was going on.

"We told you to bring us the last of the Rhowan Line!" One of the other druids directed the harshly spoken words to Aethon, who drew in a huff of air and smoke burst out of his nostrils in response to the accusing tone.

"You asked me to bring you the last of the Rhowan line. And that is what I have done, Lohedus, son of Rhongot." Aethon growled loudly and the elderly druid was looking over at Aurelia, shaking his head in disbelief.

"My father was a Dragon-lord." Aurelia interrupted before things could get even more heated between the green and silver dragon and the druid, who looked like he was ready to fight. "For all I know, I am the last dragon-lord. If it was not for my elder brother's death, then I would not be. Why do you wish to see me, Lohedus son of Rhongot?" She asked with a harsh growl in her tone that mimicked Aethon's, the dragon who was looking at her with surprise in his eyes. "Why am I here?" She asked coldly and at the surge of anger, Lohedus finally seemed to recognize that neither of them were lying to him.

"For this." Lohedus gestured angrily towards the pool, where someone was lying. "Your family were some of our greatest healers and being dragon-lords were the least of their abilities to most of us."