09|The Beginning of the End

Aurelia looked up, suddenly hearing a scream in her mind. A voice that she was able to recognize as she was looking around her, before she was shutting her eyes.

"Mordred??"

"Help me, please!"

Aurelia was running down the steps real quickly, until she collided with Merlin and they were looking at each other.

"Are you..." Merlin began.

"Looking for the source of a young boy's voice in my head?" Aurelia finished and his eyes widened. "The only difference between us right here, right now, is that I know who he is." She said and they were racing down the steps, until Aurelia found him.

"Follow us! You can trust Merlin and me, I promise!"

"Run! Run!"

Aurelia, Mordred and Merlin were all running through the castle and they were now hiding behind a screen quickly now in Lady Morgana's chambers together.

Aurelia was looking down at Mordred whose eyes were closing. Which was when she realized that he was injured as well and Aurelia was looking down at the druid, who was not much older than she was herself.

"Look at me." Aurelia whispered and Mordred was looking at her, before she was wrapping her arms around him. "Don't look at the window, all right? Don't look." She whispered and he was nodding, before he was turning his head into her side and she was holding him tightly.

"People of Camelot. The man who has been brought before you is guilty of using magic and enchantments. Under our law, the sentence for this crime is death. We are still searching for his accomplice."

Aurelia could feel Mordred's trembling since he already knew what was about to happen and even from where she was standing out on the balcony with Uther and Arthur, Aurelia could feel Lynella's pain at the sight of it all.

Aurelia willed herself not to cry, to stay strong at least for Mordred's sake and she was holding his hand in hers.

"Anyone found harboring the boy is guilty, on the charges of conspiracy and will be executed as a traitor." Uther declared and Aurelia was looking over at Merlin, who was watching her gravely and she was shaking her head slowly. "Let this serve as a warning to your people." Uther said.

"You have let your fear of magic turn into hate. I pity you." Then suddenly, the mirror exploded as Mordred was internally screaming.

Aurelia was looking at Mordred, who was closing his eyes at the pain now, that all just seemed to keep following him.

Aurelia was forced to swiftly now leave Mordred behind in Morgana's chambers to help Lynella, who was looking at her with lifted eyebrows. "Aurelia... Why are you so quiet?" She spoke softly to her and Aurelia looked up at her.

"The little boy that you and Arthur along with the guards are searching for... He is an old friend of mine." Aurelia admitted softly and Lynella sighed, before she was moving her arms around her.

Aurelia felt her tears slipping down her cheeks and she was looking at Lynella, who was nodding. "Aurelia... Where is the boy right now?" The Princess murmured softly and Aurelia was swiftly stepping now into a nearby shadow, swiftly now pulling Lynella with her.