Chapter one

A strangled sigh left her mouth as she pulled herself atop the branch of a tree. The wind blew her blonde locks back and she smiled as her lean hands reached upto grab the apple, she had climbed the tree for. Suddenly, an arrow whizzed through the wind and knocked the apple down before she could take it. A gasp left her mouth as she looked down at the grinning brunet. Her shock soon turned to a scowl of annoyance, as the male omega under the tree slung his bow over his shoulder and took a bite out of the juicy apple that was almost belonging to her.

"You absolute jerk! I didn't just climb this tall ass tree for you to just shoot my apple down and eat it!" Malice dripped from her voice, as she gracefully jumped down from the apple tree. The brunet had the nerve to laugh and so she charged at him, pulling out her dagger. The other was quick to move, he dodged her attack. The blonde stumbled and caught herself, before turning to glare at the apple theif.

"Relax Liz' you want an apple? I'll get you one. It's not such a big deal" he said and threw the apple at her, who managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"I don't want your half bitten apple, you snob! I want you to climb up that tree and get me the juiciest apple, as punishment for wasting my effort" she threw that apple back at him and folded her arms. Before the other could catch the incoming fruit their attention was stolen by a noise, causing the fruit to hit his chest and fall helplessly to the ground.

"Venus! The luna wants to see you in the main den. Lisa! You have chores pending, young lady" a woman seemingly in her late twenties had walked out from behind a bush. Her thick black hair was pulled into a high bun with no hair out of its place. She wore a blue vest on top of a white shirt. She had on a pair of leather pants and a belt of weapons. Her posture was perfect and her face rested in a blank.

"Right, yes. Chores!" Lisa said with fake enthusiasm. She mumbled a bye to her friend and stalked out of there to the pack houses. Venus waved slowly at her disappearing figure and turned to the omega in front of him.

"Hi," he awkwardly cleared his throat as an attempt to coax a few words out of her before facing the big boss.

"We don't have time, Luna is in a hurry to talk to you" she said with her calm tone and turned her back on him. Venus followed her to the main den, while as usual letting his eyes wander their pack territory. Small pups, couple in their wolf form and the others in their human form, were playing and laughing in the play pen. Near the pen a girl not more than 15 sat on a huge rock, with a faraway look in her eyes. Her hands were set on her big bump and they were quivering. Another girl a bit older stood behind her and braided her hair with the flowers they collected from the forest.

Venus forced his eyes away from the scene with a bitter expression, and his brown irises caught the scene of the ladies doing their chores. Some were training with their swords and daggers, and the others were indulging in activities they were told to do. He saw Lisa putting up washed clothes and smiled at her. She saw him and waved but was soon hit by her senior, telling her to focus. He laughed quietly at that.

Venus forced himself to a stop when Jihyo halted infront of the main den. He peeked from behind her and looked at the wooden door. There were carvings of the moon, omega queens, warriors pretending to be an alpha etcetera. He looked at Jihyo's head and back at the door. She seemed nervous which was unusual, the personal assistant of the Luna was never nervous or hesitant. But now she was.

"Um, are we gonna go in?" He broke the awkward silence that was soon building up. Jihyo forcefully peeled her eyes off the door and faced him with a tight line gracing her forehead.

"I have to warn you, she has been quite jittery and frustrated. You need to be on your best behaviour, alright?" When Venus nodded she continued. "I'm not sure about letting you go in there, especially alone but she insists and I obey my orders. You are a headache and I don't want her to have one again. Do you understand, Venus?" She asked. While he was offended at the last remark, he still nodded.

"Of course! Seeing me will wash off all her worries" he declared confidently and pushed open the door. Soon the fragrance of jasmine and soft music engulfed him completely. He closed the doors behind him and walked in carefully. The room was quiet apart from the string music, and a constant tap of something against wood. That stopped when his footsteps echoed through the white floors. All around him were frames and paintings of many famous omegas and everyone in the pack. There were also assumed pictures of the Mother Moon and Venus, the goddess. And a golden wolf running and its fur was painted so perfectly, that it seemed as if it the wind was blowing it back. Venus always loved that painting.

"Venus, is that you?" His attention was turned to the worried yet firm voice from a bit inside. He cleared his throat and marched in.

"My Luna, I believe you called me" he said and bowed a perfect 90 degrees at her. Duri sat on her high wooden chair. Her palms had a light shake but she kept them folded on the desk. Her short hair was brushed neatly to the back and her whole presence screamed power and wisdom. But today, there was a tinge of anxiety that was pretty noticeable to Venus, as he had studied her better than anyone in the pack. Maybe even better than Jihyo.

"Have a seat, Venus" she said and cleared her throat. She took a sip of water from the tumbler next to her, and looked at him again. "Do you, perhaps, know why I called you?" She asked. Venus could only blink dumbly.

"No?" he said. Duri sighed and massaged her palms. She was getting more anxious and it was obvious. "Are you alright, ma?" He asked and she stopped and stared at him with glassy eyes. He only called her 'ma' when they were in private and he or she wanted comfort, most of the time it was the former but now she needed him.

"No, I-" a chocked sigh left her mouth and she tried to collect herself. Venus placed his hands on hers and looked at her with patient eyes. She let out a deep breath once more and stared at him, studying his face carefully and trying to read him. "I had a dream, a message" she finally managed to say. He looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue. "It was from the Mother Moon" she said and grabbed that tumbler again and drank from it.

"Mother Moon? That-that's so awesome! What did she say?" Venus asked with excitement. Dreams were normal, but a dream containing a message, that too from the moon goddess herself, now that is rare. Duri looked like she was about to pass out and that worried Venus. His excitement was now slowly slipping away. "Ma, please take a deep breath and tell me what it is. Take your time, gather your words" he instructed slowly, just like she used to do to him.

"Alright," she began "at first I thought you weren't ready for this but I was wrong. You are born for this, and though it might seem like you are not, trust me Jeongguk you will be amazing" she said and Venus felt a sudden burst of pain at the name. His head felt heavy and he quickly covered his head and exhaled. His eyes flashed golden and everything went back to normal, except the memory and the shaking.

"Wh-what did you just c-call me?" He asked and stared at her with wide blown eyes. Duri observed him, this was her son. She got this omega at the age of two, the youngest orphan omega she got from the pack, she raised him. He was her most adored. Now he looked at her like she was stranger, and his soft brown eyes searched her face frantically, almost as if trying to understand who she was. A single tear rolled down from the luna's eyes.

"I called you by your real name sweetheart, Jeon Jeongguk. That's who you are, not Venus" she said carefully and her child's body glowed and his eyes turned gold. Duri knew what that meant, the moon goddess was showing him his actual identity. His eyes began to cry golden tears as he sobbed silently. But his golden eyes remained open.

Duri prayed silently to the Mother Moon and the great Venus. Wishing for her son's health.

•♡•

Vote and leave comments! I hope you liked the first chapter💜