Chapter two

Jeongguk thought he was going blind at first, but then he realised he was in a dark room. Not the main den, somewhere else. He couldn't see much but he knew he had been there before, there was a small feeling of familiarity. He tried to touch the wall but before he could his vision blurred and he was standing in a dim lighted bedroom. A woman laid on a bed, screaming and crying. Another sat near her and rubbed her big tummy in a specific motion Jeongguk failed to understand. The woman on the bed, despite her sobbing, was beautiful and Jeongguk felt a strange connection to her. The other woman was gorgeous and her face seemed to change by the second, turning more and more beautiful if that was possible. Jeongguk tried to move forward but froze when a baby's cry filled the room and the woman's quieted down. His heart pounded as he watched the divine lady clean the new born while the mother stared with red eyes. His breathing quickened when he recognised who the baby was, his eyes stung and his mind cleared for a second. That baby cradled in the arms of his mother was none other than Jeongguk. He just watched his birth. His whole body shook when the vision blurred again.

For a moment, everything was black and he couldn't feel anything. His grasp on reality felt like it was fading. But then he was back in that room again, except this time the lady was sleeping and the baby was tucked safely in her arms. His past self and his most likely dead mother was sleeping and he was watching them. The thought was so absurd he wanted to throw up, his stomach churned and he could feel everything all at once. His mother jerked awake and grabbed the baby onto her lap and cradled him with fear. She began crying and sobbing and Jeongguk was so confused and scared he wanted this to be over.

The next vision he saw made him want to kill himself. His mother had wrapped him up inside a wooden box and had him send in to the forest with the wolves of Venus, and that was not at all the worst part. Jeongguk watched royal men barge into his mother's home and slaughter her. They had ripped her clothes and beat her to make her speak but that brave woman refused and so, they grabbed her and one of the men cut opened her stomach with his sword and killed her brutally. Jeongguk wanted to scream and destroy them but this stupid thing that was going on with him was preventing him from moving. His mother's screams filled the town along with many others' he didn't recognise. The one who killed his mother walked past him and he tried to choke that man but his arms simply passed through him as if he was a mere spirit.

Then Jeongguk saw light. Bright light that he thought would blind him. When it cleared he was standing infront of two women. One sat high on a large throne with two silver wolves at her each side, the other was the one who had helped in his birth and she sat on a smaller throne covered with rose petals. She had a small white swan resting on her lap and two white wolves at her both sides. They both regarded him, but only one showed an emotion, that too was pity.

He felt anger and pain course through his entire being that he wanted to kill anyone on sight and that included the two goddesses infront of him.

"Jeon Jeongguk, precious omega. Your time has come, for you to rule Lupine and kill those who have wronged you" the Moon goddess spoke with underlying pride. Venus next to her smiled.

"You are my most prized omega. You will make me proud" said the founder of mates. Before he could answer, he was pulled back from the visions and he was back in the main den and infront of Duri. He chocked on his breath and his tears fell quickly. Duri rushed to his side and helped him to some water, but he shook his head as he couldn't form words. He screamed and sobbed so loudly, he knew a crowd would be gathered infront of the door. But he didn't care as his pain was unbearable.

Duri whispered words of comfort but his mind couldn't focus on his surroundings and he was forced to remember the visions again and again. He cried till no more tears fell. He screamed till his voice went hoarse and he couldn't anymore. He clawed at himself till his pale skin was red and bruised. Duri grabbed his hands many times to stop him from hurting himself, but he was in so much pain he did not listen.

"Jeonggukie, oh my sweet omega. Please don't hurt yourself" the elder pleaded, crying with her child. Jeongguk choked and hiccuped.

"I-I don-I don't wanna. Make it stop please" he begged while his mind kept replaying what he saw like a broken record. He felt his throat dry up and his chest tightened. He gripped on Duri's hand but his sense of touch seemed to be disappearing and so was everything else. His world began spinning and he felt his consciousness slip away to darkness. Jeongguk was soon welcomed to a dreamless slumber.

•♡•

The way I teared up writing this chapter. I hate myself now, bye!