Chapter nine

"Wake up! You're drooling on my pillow" Taehyung shouted as he shook Seokjin awake. The man groaned and yawned as he sat up with an annoyed look.

"How disrespectful! Is this how you treat a guest?" Questioned the elder. The alpha rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't tolerate guests like you" he spat. Seokjin gasped, offended. But just then, the kettle whistled. Taehyung went to the kitchen to turn it off and poured the hot drink in two cups. Seokjin emerged from Taehyung's bedroom which he occupied for the night and Taehyung, who wasn't thrilled to share a room with him took the couch after a failed attempt at using his alpha voice.

"You made tea for me? How considerate." He took the cup from Taehyung's hands and drank it. "You're forgiven for your actions this morning. Though, the tea could use a little bit more sugar" said he. Taehyung growled lowly, before taking his own cup of tea.

"When do we leave?" He inquired. Seokjin set his cup down on the table and sat.

"Have you packed?" He asked back. Taehyung just nodded, and so Seokjin continued. "Then we can leave right now" he said and sipped on his tea.

"Now? Where do even go?" Taehyung asked.

"To Narva" another sip.

"I know that! I mean how do we get there?" Taehyung huffed.

"We walk" yet another sip.

"You are testing my patience" warned Taehyung.

"I'm answering your questions" said Seokjin coolly.

Groaning, Taehyung asked "which route do we take?".

"Only the tiger knows" replied the elder. Taehyung tapped his foot, slowly reaching his limit.

"Where is the tiger then?" Seokjin sighed loudly and got up.

"You ask too much questions" said he, as he washed the cup. Taehyung brought his own cup to the sink and Seokjin washed that too, much to the alpha's surprise.

Suddenly a ferocious roar broke through the forest, shaking the floor. Seokjin smiled while Taehyung looked like he was ready to attack whatever it was. He grabbed his sword and ran outside the hut, before Seokjin could stop him.

At the front of his hut, stood a mighty tiger. Bigger than any regular tiger he had ever seen. It had blue eyes such as Taehyung's, and a thick coat of golden fur. Upon seeing the pure blooded alpha, the tiger bared his teeth showing off his sharp canines and his dominance. Though Taehyung didn't feel any fear, he had to admit that the tiger before him was intimidating.

Then Taehyung noticed something, on the forehead of the tiger, the gold fur blended into a small crescent moon, which was of white fur. While he was busy looking at the shape, he didn't notice the tiger taking small, calculating steps towards him. Like that of a predator, which it was.

Suddenly, the tiger pounced on him and send him to the floor. It pressed its paws onto the alpha's chest, claws threatening to slip out. Taehyung's eyes flashed red, before turning into a stormy blue. His fangs grew as the tiger bared his teeth again and snarled. Taehyung gathered his strength, ready to push the tiger off and change to his wolf as fast as he could.

But before that, the door of his hut clicked. "I never understood why tigers fought when they could simply form alliance. Am I right, Tiger?" Seokjin's voice cut through the tense situation. The tiger pounced off and circled Taehyung, who got up and faced Seokjin, who had two bags in his one hand and a ring of keys in the other.

"Your keys and bag, gentleman" he threw the items at the alpha, who caught it and placed the keys inside the bag.

"I'm guessing this is the omega's tiger?" Taehyung asked, now attention focused back on the tiger still circling him. Seokjin hummed.

"Who else could it be?" He grinned and looked at the majestic beast in admiration.

"Its evil twin?" Taehyung countered and Seokjin spared him a disappointed glance.

"Ah, Taehyung. Haven't you been reading your stories? There is only one tiger created by the Mother Moon for the protection of the omega. No evil twins" he promised. Taehyung had the nerve to roll his eyes. The tiger growled and Seokjin looked amused.

"It's hard to understand you, atlast only the omega can truly talk to the mighty Aegis" said he as he stepped towards the beast. The tiger, Aegis, held his head up as if saying "yes, I'm the mightiest"

Taehyung didn't like it.

"Where is the bracelet?" He asked, and the tiger turned its narrow eyes on him. Seokjin sighed.

"Ask nicely, Kim! This is, dare I say his name, Jeon Jeongguk's tiger!" Chided Seokjin. But Taehyung couldn't focus on the elder or the tiger as something clicked inside him. He felt a sharp pain in his head and saw many blurred images. Some he could understand, most he couldn't. He saw that face again from his dream but it was only a flash. Then he saw blood on the ground and felt a vibration, which soon turned into a scream he could hear. Taehyung gasped as he was back to the real world. Seokjin hurried to his side and the tiger stood around nervously.

"Are you alright? What happened?" The elder looked at him, searching for answers.

"Visions. Blood. Scream" he muttered, eyes skimming around like that of a madman.

"Aegis, we must leave" Seokjin said to the tiger, who stalked to them and opened his maw, revealing a bracelet with a moon charm. "Take it, Taehyung" said the other. Taehyung looked at him as if he was mad.

"I don't trust it" said the alpha. The tiger growled, yet didn't move.

"It's the only way, and Aegis is a he" Seokjin claimed. With a grumble, Taehyung reached out his hand and grabbed the bracelet and wore it on his wrist, which surprised Seokjin. "How did you know?" He asked.

"Know what?

"That you needed to wear it" Taehyung thought. How did he know about that? He still felt lightheaded from the visions and he desperately wanted to go back to sleep. He hadn't dreamt of the omega last night and that didn't sit right with him.

"I don't know, I just-" Aegis interrupted him with a growl and began walking into the deeper forest. Seokjin looked back at him.

"Let's go" he then followed the beast and Taehyung had no choice but to comply.

•♡•

Taekook will be meeting soon! Also I can't wait for summer vacation, so I can update back to back. 😒💜