Chapter sixteen

"Welcome to Narva!" The man in front of him said brightly. Jeongguk scuinted his eyes, and when he saw the genuine welcome in the prince's eyes, he smiled.

"Thank you for letting us stay, your majesty," he said and bowed. Lisa and Seokjin followed his actions, while Aegis held his head high, and Taehyung offered a nod. He was worried the royal family would disapprove, but when he looked at the prince, he was staring at him, not minding the actions of the others. Jeongguk felt uneasy under his stare, so he diverted his eyes to the queen. Behind him, he heard Taehyung huff in annoyance. The sound and its intention pulled at his insides.

"It is always a pleasure to have guests. Mind introducing yourselves?" The queen asked, with a kind smile on her face. Jeongguk hesitated. The moon goddess would not send them to Narva if the people were bad, right? With that thought, he spoke.

"This is Kim Taehyung, my partner. She is Lalisa Manoban, my best friend, and he is Kim Seokjin, my companion." He said, gesturing to all of them. "Meet Aegis, my tiger, and I am Jeon Jeongguk." He finished. Something sparkled in all of their eyes.

"Jeon Jeongguk? But that's -" the queen spoke but was interrupted by her son.

"The omega of Venus, of course." The prince exhaled and walked to him. Jeongguk wanted to step back, but he was frozen on his spot. The man took his hands and looked at him in a daze. "You're too beautiful not to be." He said, and behind Jeongguk, he could smell sour wine, and he knew who it belonged to. "I'm Jung Hoseok, at your service." The man placed a kiss on his knuckles.

Suddenly, he was pulled back, and Hoseok was yanked up by the collar. Everyone gasped but was too shocked to approach, even Jeongguk.

"Touching him is one thing. Kissing him is not permitted!" Taehyung's alpha voice echoed through the beige mosiac walls of the castle. Jeongguk gulped and grabbed Taehyung's shoulder.

"Alpha, please." He pleaded. Taehyung let go of the shaken prince and stepped back next to Jeongguk. "I'm so sorry, your majesty." He apologised, ignoring the looks he got.

"It's alright, Your Highness. I must admit, though, as an alpha myself, your aura is much more powerful. May I ask why?" Hoseok looked at Taehyung, expectantly. Taehyung didn't bother to answer. Instead, he rolled his eyes. Sensing everyone's discomfort, Seokjin spoke up.

"Why, he is the second ever pure blooded alpha to exist! The one and only Kim Taehyung, the divine creation of the Mother Moon!" He said with a bright smile. Everyone in the room visibly shuddered at the glare of the pure blood alpha's blue eyes. Jeongguk, however, felt pride swelling in his chest.

"Very well. You all must be tired from travelling. We can talk during dinner, and your rooms will be ready. Four, I assume?" The queen spoke. The prince seemed to be lost in thought, looking back and forth between Taehyung and Jeongguk. The other officials had their head high, but gaze lowered.

"Three, actually. Taehyung and I will be in one room." Jeongguk spoke before thinking. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Taehyung's lips twitch upwards, and the prince's face dulled in realisation.

"Alright then! Three rooms will be ready for you." The queen called over a servant and passed the orders. Jeongguk looked at the prince who held a strained smile.

"Please excuse us. We have to discuss some things." He said and turned, his friends blindly following him.

"What do we need to discuss?" Lisa asked. Jeongguk looked at her and smiled.

"Nothing, for now. I need to talk to you," and with that, he grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the other two. "Okay, goodness. I have no idea what I'm doing," he said, and Lisa smirked.