Chapter fourteen

Jeongguk had a lot of things on his mind. One major thing, currently, was the dream he had last night. He had to mate Kim Taehyung in Narva. He wondered if Taehyung also had that dream, if he knew about what was to come. If he didn't, how was Jeongguk supposed to tell him? These thoughts plagued his mind.

Every time he looked at the alpha, he was reminded of the dream, and he could not help but blush. He knew Lisa noticed, and he wanted to talk to her about it, but when? He was also kind of worried that Taehyung noticed, too.

The alpha was really handsome. He had one monolid and another double lid, and Jeongguk thought that it was attractive. Their colour, too, was unusual for werewolves, and yet Taehyung looked beautiful with them. He was just so manly and handsome and attractive. And his subtle flirting and compliments did not help Jeongguk stay focused. After all, he is just an omega.

Also, his scent was intoxicating. He smelled like the trees of a rainforest and also sweet wine. It was so addicting that Jeongguk had to refrain himself from digging his nose into the crook of the alpha's neck. Though, he didn't think the alpha would mind.

"You're thinking," he was back to the world when Taehyung spoke. A soft husky voice, the elder had. It was so comforting.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Just a little nervous." He said. Taehyung hummed and turned to look at him, and their eyes met. Blue and brown. Something in the alpha's eyes sparkled. A small smile slipped onto Jeongguk's face.

"Does your eyes only turn gold when you're a wolf?" He asked. Jeongguk nodded.

"Yeah, I think. Maybe also when I'm feeling strong emotions as well?" It sounded like a question. Jeongguk thought, embarrassed.

"Well, I would love to see you with gold eyes," he said and turned to the front. Jeongguk blushed. Heat and blood rushed up to his cheeks, and they turned pink. This man would probably kill him before they could mate.

Speaking of, Narva was closer now. They had been walking for a long time since the minotaur incident. They did take a rest and had lunch, but after that, they had not stopped. It was most likely two or three in the evening. Jeongguk can't say he is completely confident about marching into Narva. He was nervous, especially since he is a wanted trophy, Taehyung is a legend, and Lisa is an unmated omega. All three of them, along with Seokjin's runny mouth/wisdom, were a jackpot for the people in Narva.

Jeongguk was once again interrupted out of his thoughts. This time, he bumped into Seokjin's back.

"Ow," he muttered, rubbing his nose. Everyone had stopped. Taehyung swiftly grabbed Jeongguk's hand. That wasn't necessary, but a blush still managed to creep up his face. He was going to be the mate of this handsome alpha.

"Something's wrong," Seokjin trailed. Jeongguk looked around to spot anything, but he failed. Aegis tapped into his mind and spoke.

"The air is warmer. There is something that produces heat or maybe poison. Im not sure," he said. Jeongguk inhaled and repeated his words. All of a sudden, a roar split through the forest, and the ground started rumbling. They all took out their swords, Taehyung and Jeongguk, moving to the front lines. The trees were pushed back, and something moved between them. In a second or two, the thing was in front of them. Jeongguk held in a scream.

It was huge and serpentine. It had so many heads. Jeongguk tried to count them, but he was soon dizzy with it moving it here and there. The heads were like a dragon's, and it was dark and hideous.

"A hydra. It has poisonous breath. Do not cut off its heads they will only multiply, " said Seokjin. The hydra roared again, and a green smoke spewed out of its mouth.

"Does it have a weak spot?" Jeongguk asked. But, it was Taehyung who answered.

"The neck. Heracles killed it with a torch to the neck." Jeongguk regarded him with a nod.

"I'll get the torch. You four fight!" Seokjin said and scrambled to open his bag just as the hydra marched to them. Lisa and Aegis jumped to the right, and Taehyung and Jeongguk ran to its left. Multiple heads turned to each side. It forgot Seokjin, fortunately. Jeongguk raised his sword and slashed at it. The hydra roared and blew poison in his direction. Jeongguk quickly rolled out of the way, just as Taehyung cut through one of its legs. The monster was super mad now. Aegis scratched at the monster and pulled its tail. Jeongguk warned him not to bite since it was poisonous. Lisa was trying to fight off a head with a hand over her mouth to not inhale the poison. Jeongguk quickly avoided a head that bite at him. He hit its one pair of eyes with the back of his sword, and it moaned in pain.

They continued fighting for a while until Seokjin ran to them, screaming with a torch in his hand. It had a blazing fire in it, and when he reached an appropriate distance, he threw it at the hydra's neck. It only had one of that, thankfully. The monster screamed and spewed poisonous gas everywhere. They all covered their noses and mouths and ran for cover. There was smoke and poison everywhere. They all huddled close, and after a while, everything went quiet.

Seokjin was the first one to get up from their cuddle puddle. They all detached from each other and stood up. Where the hydra stood was nothing but ashes and a bit of smoke. Nothing else. The air was once again clean and fresh. The atmosphere as peaceful as Oxin was before the hydra came.

"Well, we should get going then," Lisa said. Jeongguk agreed. She seemed fine but also a little jittery, all of them were. The hydra was unexpected.

"Yes, we must reach Narva before sunset." Seokjin declared. And so, they began walking once again.

Before they knew it, the sun was dipping down, and they were on top of a hill, the end of Oxin, over looking a huge kingdom. A magnificent palace stood admist the kingdom, the palace of Narva.