Chapter 3

Harry didn't know how to react. He was just told that this man was his father. This man he'd never met before.

"Are you alright, Hatchling?"

Harry snapped out of his shock. "You're my father?" he asked, sounding timid and unsure for the first time in a long while.

"Yes," Severus said. He then hurriedly added, "I don't care that you're a squib, though, unlike Lily. I want to get to know you."

Harry couldn't help the snort that escaped him. "I don't think I'm a squib, Sir. Unless squibs have cool powers."

Severus's jaw dropped when the book on the table between them started floating by itself. Then, he looked furious. "Damn woman, she abandoned you for nothing!" He took several deep breaths. "Would it be alright for me to visit you on the weekends, Harry?" he asked. "To get to know you better?"

Harry shrugged. "I wouldn't mind, but next time you visit, you'll have to bring proof that you're actually my father."

Severus smirked. "Just like a Slytherin. Never trust anyone without proof. Alright, Harry, next time, I'll bring a blood test for you to do."

Harry smiled and nodded.

"Harry, who—" Petunia froze upon seeing Severus. "Sev?"

Severus grimaced. "Hey, Tuney."

Petunia scowled at him. "You can't take him away from me," she declared. "I'll fight you for him."

"I won't," Severus was quick to promise. "I just wanted to meet my son."

Petunia's scowl deepened. "Harrison, go to your room. I need to have a talk with Severus."

Harry ducked his head. "Yes, Auntie." He quickly hurried up the stairs to his room, wondering what they were going to talk about.

"YOU ABANDONED HIM! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE HIM BACK NOW?"

"Well, that answers that question," Harry murmured to Reyna, who he learned could understand humans well enough, but couldn't speak their language.

"That man smelled trustworthy," Reyna commented. "Like kin. He is your father, Harry."

Harry sighed. "I figured as much. He seemed so sure of himself when he said it. He's not going to take me way... right, Rey?"

"No, Hatchling. He has pure intentions."

There was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal Dudley. He quietly closed the door behind himself and plopped down on Harry's bed. "Well? What's going on?"

"He's my father," Harry said. "He didn't know I existed until today, apparently."

Dudley frowned. "That's odd. What are you going to do about it?"

Harry smiled lightly. "Perhaps... get to know him. Uncle has always been a father figure, but it might be nice to be able to call someone Dad, you know? I'm definitely not leaving you guys, though."

Dudley sighed in relief. "Good," he said. "Does he know anything about how you got your powers?"

"Apparently, it's magic and I'm a wizard," Harry said. "Well, he thought I was something called a squib, but that was only until I showed him part of my powers."

Dudley grinned excitedly. "Magic? Magic is real? Wicked!"

Harry smiled at his excitement. "Did you get that essay done, Dud?" he asked. "It's due tomorrow, ya know."

Dudley nodded. "Yeah. I finished it yesterday."

The two continued chatting until Petunia called them down.

Harry was surprised to see that Severus was joining them for supper, but he got to work, making the meal with a happy hum. He made his best dish, wanting to impress his father.

"Do you make supper every night?" Severus asked.

Harry smiled at him. "Yup! I really enjoy cooking, so Auntie lets me cook breakfast and dinner, so long as I'm not grounded and I have good grades."

He finished the dish and played it professionally before taking the plates to the table and setting one down in front of each person. He then sat beside Dudley, across from Severus and watched proudly as his family enjoyed the meal, preening at the praise they gave him.

"So, how was school, Little Prince?" Vernon asked.

"It was lovely," Harry beamed. "Becca was named Princess and I was reelected as Prince, obviously. Dudley got Duke this year, so he'll be able to help me out more officially. The tutoring is going wonderfully and Mrs. Brayko recommended that I audition for the lead in the play."

"That's wonderful, Harry," Petunia praised. "Did you get that snake you wanted?"

"Her name is Reyna," Harry informed her. "She said she's my familiar!"

Severus nearly choked on his food. "You can speak with snakes?" he asked with wide eyes.

Harry shrugged. "Is that not normal in your world?"

Severus shook his head. "No, Harry, it's very much a rare ability."

"Cool," Harry said casually.

Vernon smiled proudly. "I knew my Little Prince was special!"

Dinner was finished with idle conversation and then Harry cleaned and put away the dishes with his magic, causing Severus to nearly faint from shock. Apparently, it wasn't normal to be able to perform magic without wands or incantations.

Harry merely shrugged it off and finished cleaning up with Dudley.

After all that, Severus promised to return on the weekend with a blood test before leaving to return to Hogwarts, a magic school for witches and wizards. He apparently worked there as a potions professor.

After he had left, Petunia and Vernon sat them down and explained to both of them everything Severus had explained to them.

"Severus said he will teach you how to behave like a proper wizard," Petunia said. "Just remember, Sweetie, we want you to be safe and happy more than anything else."

"Yes, Little Prince. If you feel like you don't want to be a wizard like your father, that's fine. We will always accept you," Vernon promised.

Harry hugged them both before retreating to his room to talk to Reyna.