Chapter 5

For the next week, during his free time, Harry read up on and practiced wizarding etiquette and manners. Severus had told him that his soulmate's family was very much important in the world and that he would need to know all he could, though he would be able to excuse a few mistakes by bringing up his being raised by muggles.

Which is why Harry was currently cuddled up with Reyna, reading a book on the wizarding terms in hopes that he would be able to understand his soulmate's terms when they met. Dudley was sat nearby, working on memorizing his script for the lead role he had gotten. Harry hadn't ended up auditioning, as he felt that he had more pressing matters than rehearsal.

"Harry, Sev is here!" Petunia called up the stairs.

"Coming!" Harry called back before finishing the last of the book and setting it aside. He decided to show his father how much he had learned and swept gracefully down the stairs, head held high. He stopped just before reaching Severus and bowed in the proper manner. "Greetings, Father."

Severus beamed with pride. "You have been learning," he observed easily. If he didn't know any better, he'd say that Harry was raised by a proper pureblood family.

"Harry has been reading and practicing nonstop," Petunia said with a fond smile. "I think he really wants to impress that boy."

The boy blushed and shrugged sheepishly. "Are we going to get my wand and clothing now?" he asked, taking Severus's arm for the apparation.

"Yes, we are," Severus confirmed, apparating them to Knockturn Alley.

The wand was beautiful and Harry could see why it took a week. It was mainly made of jet black ebony, but the handle was made of the warm brown of the yew and carved with runic designs that were filled in with ruby. It was eleven inches and slightly flexible.

After getting his wand and a holster and thanking Madam Sanguis profusely, Harry and Severus fetched the robes from Twilfitt and Tattings. They then returned to Privet Drive and put away his things.

"What should I wear?" Harry stressed, looking at the ten sets of dress robes he had. He had just put his entire family through a fashion show to decide which looked best, but he still didn't know.

"I liked the green and gold robes," Dudley inputted.

"You did look rather dashing in them," Petunia agreed.

The robes they were a beautiful green color that complemented his eyes and had golden accents. They were less like Severus's flowing robes and more fitted. He had them commissioned so that he could easily fight and duel while wearing them, yet he could pass it off as formal attire. All of his robes were as such, and it made him stand out and set a new fashion statement.

[AN: Harry's robes are inspired by the ones he is wearing in the above picture. I really like them and decided to use them. The black cloak is not a part of this outfit.]

Harry agreed to wear those robes and returned to his room to change into them. When he returned, he smirked proudly at the approving gazes of his family. He pulled on his black dragonhide boots and holstered his wand at his waist before turning to look at his father for approval.

"You look presentable," he said, and Harry knew this was a high compliment from him. "Now, we are meant to be there in two minutes. Are you prepared?"

Harry took a deep breath. "Can Reyna come?"

Severus smirked and nodded, thinking about how wonderfully an inland taipan familiar would scare his best friend.

Reyna, pleased with the permission, slithered over and curled around Harry's shoulders, which he had learned was her favorite position. "I wish to meet Harrison's mate," she hissed.