Chapter 12

Harry stood confidently in the Slytherin common rooms, a smirk on his face as he stared at the former king. Vesper Locke was kneeling in front of him, his head bowed submissively as he yielded his title of King. They had just dueled, and Harry had easily won without even drawing his wand.

"Go, change the notice board," Harry commanded.

Everyone who had been watching were whispering among themselves. Harry's sensitive hearing caught their comments with little strain. They were wondering what he would change in the house.

"Alright, listen up!" Harry commanded, smirk growing as everyone fell silent. "Let's get one thing clear. From this point forwards, there will be a list of untouchables on the notice board. If you so much as look at them wrong, you'll have to deal with me. First years are off limits for everyone. Am I understood?"

Everyone in the room quickly nodded.

"Now, I am available at any time. If you need help with something or are being unfairly treated, you will come to me. I might be young, but I am not inexperienced. My main goal as King is to help each of you succeed and stay safe.

"I will also be making some executive decisions. Firstly, we will be holding weekly house meetings to discuss points earned and lost and other matters. Second, I expect you all to help any and all first through third years you see in the halls if they need it. I don't bloody care of they're a Lion or a Badger. Third, we will win the House Cup fair and square. Meaning, no sabotage, no encouraging unfair points to be added or deducted by Professor Snape, and no cheating. Fourth, any and all matters of in-house conflict is to be dealt with by me and the Court."

"Yes, King Harrison," Marcus Flint said grudgingly, clearly not appreciating having to show such respect to the first year.

"Oh, and Vesper will be the Prince for this year," Harry added, watching as Vesper sighed with relief.

"Who is to be the Queen?" Emmaline Vance, a sixth year, asked.

"We're going to put that to a vote," Harry said with a smile. "Daphne Greengrass is my recommendation, but I want the Queen to be chosen by way of vote. So, decide amongst yourselves. I'm going to write that list."

While the Slytherins debated the position, Harry conjured up parchment and a refilling quill and set to work writing down his list. The first on the list was his brother, with his other friends up next. He added a exception to the twins because he knew they were well-known for their pranks. Basically, if the twins pranked someone, the targets were allowed to hex each one once.

After posting it to the notice board, he turned around to find Emmaline Vance had been pushed to the center of the room, looking flustered. He smirked and changed the hierarchy so that she was Queen.

"Dismissed," Harry said, watching as the Slytherins quickly left the room until only Harry and Emmaline remained.

Emmaline was tall and willowy, with few curves and curly blond hair that was usually tied back with a green ribbon. She had warm brown eyes and a kind smile that drew people in. She cared about people and showed it, so it made sense why she had been chosen, despite coming from a poor family and not being overly powerful.

"Alright, Queen Emmaline," Harry said softly. "Here's what we're going to do. You are going to choose someone to train as your successor. She will be the Princess. From now on, you and I will sit together at meals and will address anything brought to us. I'll take the paperwork, as you'll be working on your O.W.L.s. You can add to the list on the notice board, if you'd like."

"Call me Emma," she said with a soft smile. "I don't have anyone to add, as all my friends are in Slytherin."

"Call me Harry, then, Emma," Harry said. "Our stuff should have already been moved to the royalty suites by the house elves. You should have your own, person elf for however long you remain royalty. I'm always available if you need me."

"Ah, yes. Thank you, Harry."

"Of course. This summer, we'll need to go shopping together," Harry said casually, though there was an excited glint in his eyes. He would never admit it, but he loved shopping.

"This summer?" Emma asked in confusion.

"You're right," Harry said, completely misunderstanding her confusion. "I'll owl-order it. I'm sure Madam Chia wouldn't mind."

Emma's jaw dropped at the name. Everyone in Slytherin knew of her, even though most preferred to shop at Twilfitt and Tattings. She was known for her excellent fashion taste and beautiful designs.

Harry hummed and sized her up in his mind before nodding in satisfaction. He waved his wand and summoned the catalogue Madam Chia had sent him. He handed it to her. "Find what you like and don't worry about the price. You'll need at least two gowns and some everyday wear. I'm going to check out my rooms."

Without waiting for a response, Harry turned and walked towards the King's Suite. When he entered, he found a small house elf waiting for him. "Master Harrison, Sir!" the elf said with a low bow. "Wally is here to help! Wally will come when called, Master Harrison!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Wally," Harry said with a smile. "Please call me Harry. I'll be sure to call you."

Wally seemed ecstatic as he popped away.

Harry sighed and continued to explore the suite. It was simple, but definitely fit for his new position. There was a bedroom with a large bed and a wardrobe. In another room was a study, the walls lined with bookshelves that were empty, waiting to be filled. There was also a connected private restroom with a shower and everything.

Harry's favorite part, however, was the fully stocked kitchen. He wondered briefly if the suite read his desires and changed to them, because he doubted this was original. Nonetheless, he loved it.

He got to baking, deciding he was going to make something for the whole house. Biscuits were his best option, so he got to work making his cousin's favorite biscuits. He hummed as he mixed the dough with the electric mixer that was running on magic.

After he finished the biscuits, he realized it was time for bed. So, he placed a preservation charm on the biscuits and fell into his large, comfortable bed, promptly falling asleep.