Chapter 8

Harry stuck close to Draco's side as they walked into the Great Hall, clutching his hand tightly. He wasn't nervous by any means, but he disliked the way Parkinson was eyeing his bonded. He sent her a small glare and she quickly looked away.

Smirking, Harry waited for his name to be called. He reluctantly released Draco when it was his turn, and the blond was sorted into Slytherins before the hat even touched his head.

Finally, his turn came. "Potter, Harrison."

"It's Prince, actually," Harry said coldly to the whole school as he gracefully walked to the rickety stool. He felt the eyes of his half-brother on him from the Gryffindor table but refused to glance his way. They could talk later.

The hat was placed on Harry's head and he heard speaking in his mind. Another Potter, eh?

Prince, Harry thought back emphatically.

Well then, let's have a look at your mind, Heir Prince. Very intelligent and clever, yet even more cunning and ambitious. Yes, I know where to put you. Better be, "SLYTHERIN!"

Smirking, Harrison stood and made his way to where Draco sat beside Daphne Greengrass. He sat down on the other side of his bonded and made eye contact with his brother, who was staring at him open-mouthed from beside the Weasley twins.

Harrison chuckled and lifted one finger, willing his magic to stretch across the Hall and shut his mouth. No brother of his should act so undignified. He winked at the older boy before turning his attention to his bonded and laying his head on his shoulder.

Blaise Zabini was sorted into Slytherin last and that's when the headmaster stood and welcomed them all to Hogwarts before saying a few odd words and inviting them to dig in to the food that appeared on the table.

Harry rolled his eyes, not buying the headmaster's grandfatherly act. He had read the letter that was left with him on the doorstep. He knew Dumbledore tried to have him abused.

He began talking to his peers with a charming smile. He had always been able to charm the masses, and if he was going to be the Prince in this house, he would need an early start.

He quickly formed a fast friendship with Blaise, who was, he learned, very intelligent yet very good at hiding it behind flirtatious comments and gestures. Whenever Blaise even looked like he was going to start with Draco, Harry shot him a deadly glare that made him quickly back off and made Draco chuckle.

During the meal, Harry could feel his father's gaze on him. He turned his head to meet his eyes and smirked at the proud expression he wore as he saw his son in Slytherin colors.

After the feast and Dumbledore's speech, during which he informed the school that the third corridor was off-limits to anyone who did not wish to die a most painful death, the prefects led the first years to the common room, which was in the dungeons.

"Alright, listen up! The password this week is fidus. Don't forget it. Every week the password will be posted on the notice board. The notice board will also hold the current hierarchy and any announcements for the house."

Harry could have stopped the satisfied smirk that formed, but he didn't bother. There was a hierarchy. Perfect.

They entered the common rooms and Harry couldn't help but look around in awe. The common room was decorated with green and black and was absolutely perfect. There were bookshelves with books that Harry couldn't wait to get his hands on and comfortable armchairs surrounding a fireplace. The stone floor was covered with a large green rug and there was a large notice board hing on the wall by the entrance.