Chapter 13

Harry's first year at Hogwarts was finally over and he was more than ready to return home. The year had ended with Quirrel disappearing and Dumbledore looking overly stressed. It was glorious for Harry to see the old man looking so rundown.

Apparently, Quirrel had stolen the Philosopher's Stone, which had been entrusted to Dumbledore for "safe-keeping." When word got out that he lost it, Nicolas Flamel himself had stormed into the Great Hall and given the headmaster a tongue-lashing.

Harry was ecstatic for the summer because Draco had finally agreed to come to his "muggle home" and meet his "muggle friends." He would be staying with them for the whole summer!

As Harry and his friends piled into a compartment on the train, which Harry enlarged into a comfortably large room, he remembered that Professor McGonagall had been wanting to have tea with him, but he had been busy with his plans to be King and then with the work that came with it and had forgotten all about the note.

He sighed and conjured a sheet of parchment and his quill, ignoring the questioning glances from his friends.

Deputy Headmistress McGonagall,

I am very sorry for not finding time for tea this past year. I am afraid it slipped my mind with the excitement of being introduced into the world of magic. Perhaps the first day of next term?

Or, perhaps, you could visit this summer. I live at Number Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. If you'd like to come for supper one day, we'd be glad to have you.

Sincerely, Harrison Prince.

"What was that about, Harry?" Alex asked.

"Just apologizing to McGonagall for forgetting to join her for tea. I invited her over for supper sometime. She wants to know why she'd never heard of me before Hogwarts."

"Oh," Alex said. He never liked it when it was mentioned that Harry had been abandoned by his parents, who doted on him like a prince. It made him feel guilty, even though he knew it wasn't his fault and that Harry had enjoyed his life with the muggles.

Harry saw this and smiled softly. "It wasn't your fault, Alex."

Alex sighed. "I know," he said.

The rest of the trip was spent in relative peace. The most amusing thing that happened was watching Neville get flustered when Blaise started playfully flirting with him, calling him pet names and kissing his cheek.

When the trip was finally over, Harry dragged Draco with him over to his family on the muggle side of the platform. Luckily, Draco had reluctantly changed into some muggle clothing Harry had gotten for him and so they didn't stand out.

They drove back to Little Whinging and Harry showed Draco to the guest room before giving him a tour.

∆_______________∆

"Little Prince," Vernon called from the front door as Harry cooked supper, "you have company!"

Harry set his magic to continue cooking and made his way to the front door, not bothering to take off his apron as he did so. "Oh, Professor!" he greeted with surprise. "I wasn't expecting you so soon. Come in, come in."

McGonagall smiled and stepped inside. "We're not in school right now, Mr. Prince. Call me Minerva."

Minerva was wearing a nice casual dress in emerald green, her favorite color to dress in, Harry had noticed. She had her hair down, for once, which was probably the most shocking thing about her appearance.

"I hope you don't mind having steak for supper. If I had known we'd be having you over tonight, I would have made you your favorite roasted chicken," Harry said as they entered the kitchen, not registering when Minerva froze in shock at the sight of the potatoes mashing themselves.

"Steak will be just fine, Mr. Prince," she managed to say after a moment. "Thank you."

"Harry! Dudley showed me how to work the telly!" Draco said, coming into the room. "Oh, hi, Professor."

"Hello, Mr. Malfoy," Minerva said. "I apologize for not giving future notice of my arrival. I feared that Albus would intercept it and find a way to stop me from coming."

"It's fine, Minerva," Harry said. "Please, take a seat. Dinner will be ready soon."

After she had sat down, another boy came bursting into the room. "Harry! Becca just texted me! She's coming over for dinner."

Harry rolled his eyes, feeling blessed by Lady Magic. He had bought and cooked several extra steaks so that Vernon could take them as leftovers to work for a few days. "Anyone else showing up?" he asked sarcastically as he plated the food.

"No. It's just us, Becca, and your professor."

"Good," Harry huffed. He'd have to figure out something different for the lunches.

When Becca arrived, she gave Harry a big hug that he returned. She then sat down beside Dudley and looked over at Minerva and Draco, her eyes narrowing into suspicious slits. "Who are they?" she asked.

"Draco Malfoy," Harry said, pointing at him, "is my boyfriend. Minerva is my teacher at my new school."

Becca gasped excitedly. "Interview?" she pleaded. "Everyone in town would love to hear about your new school and your love life."

"After dinner," Harry promised, knowing she was probably right. The school did papers during the summer, so all the families would get a copy and it would be the easiest way to tell his story. He didn't feel like repeating himself.

Dinner was finished quickly and Becca immediately started in with her questions. After getting her fill of information for her article, she promised to return the next day so he could read through he rough draft and left.

Minerva sat down in the sitting room with him and his family afterwards. "Why have I never heard of you?" she asked.

"Maybe because my bearer completely abandoned me," Harry said. "She was told by Dumbledore that I was a squib and a failure and immediately handed me over to him. He brought me here and left a note that encouraged my aunt and uncle to abuse me, which they never have. I do not know why James spoke nothing of it, but I intend to find out."

"What?" she exclaimed in shock.

So, Harry began from the very beginning and explained everything that he knew and remembered. By the time he had finished, she was ready to kill Lily herself. He managed to calm her down by offering her biscuits that he had made the day prior.

After she had left, promising to never trust Dumbledore again, Harry went up to his room with Reyna to send the invitations for his wizarding birthday party, which would take place the day before his muggle party, which would be held on his birthday. He sent the invitations to all his friends and his family. He had set up their fireplace to the floo and had included the floo command in the invitation.