Chapter 10

Harry's networking had gone excellently and he now had all the younger years on his side. He only needed the fifth years and up before he would challenge the king.

It was the first day of Yule break, and Harry was staying with his bonded. He knew that his family would come to visit for Christmas, so he didn't worry about missing them.

He knew the Malfoys held a Yule Ball and made sure they invited everyone in his friend group, including the Gryffindors. Hermione had been ecstatic at the invitation but had then quickly freaked out over not having a dress, so Harry promised to take her shopping if she met him in Diagon.

Which is where he was going that day. He dressed in nice casual robes and flooed to the Leaky Cauldron, quickly finding Hermione and her parents among the crowd.

"Mister and Missus Granger," he greeted politely, bowing traditionally, "pleasure to meet you. My name is Harrison Prince, Heir to the House of Prince." He purposefully left out his other heirships. It was quite amusing watching Mrs. Granger get flustered when he kissed her knuckles, and he chuckled. "My apologies," he said smoothly. "It has been a while since I've greeted muggles."

"No need to apologize, young man," Mr. Granger said kindly. "My daughter said you knew where to go?" He seemed concerned at the expense as he eyed Harry's silk robes.

Harry smirked. "No need to be concerned about the price, Mr. Granger. Hermione will have only the best, as she deserves. I have plenty of money to spare. Consider it a Christmas gift."

Mr. Granger relaxed and nodded. "Thank you, young man."

Harry led the group through Diagon Alley and into Knockturn, where his favorite shop stood proudly. It didn't look like much, but the owner was the best in the business (even if she was relatively unknown).

"Trust me," Harry said. "I know it doesn't look it, but she's the best I know."

When the door to the small shop was opened, Hermione gasped in delight. The interior had been magically expanded and was a three story building. It was clean and tidy and had beautiful dresses and robes and muggle clothing on racks and manikins on the first floor. The second floor, Harry knew, held beauty products and a salon. The third floor was where Madam Chia lived.

"Ah, Harrison!" Madam Chia said warmly. "Welcome back! I have your order ready for that ball."

"Thank you, Madam, but today I'm here for a friend." He stepped aside to reveal Hermione, who looked very self-conscious at the sight of the gorgeous woman.

Madam Chia had beautiful brown skin and long, silky black hair. She wore a cute white blouse and dark skinny jeans with leather boots. Her eyes were the color of hot chocolate and she had a beautiful warm smile.

"Oh, such potential!" Chia exclaimed happily. "Full makeover or just a dress?"

Harry turned to Hermione and tilted his head in question. "Well?" he asked. "Your choice."

"Makeover?" Hermione said timidly.

Chia clapped her hands excitedly. "Wonderful! Go have a seat on the second floor while I talk to Harrison and I'll be right up!"

Harry smirked at Hermione as she did as told before pulling a shrunken trunk from his pocket and enlarging it with a tap of his wand. "Fill the closet compartment for her," he said. "Full creative freedom as long as it's done before Yule and you say nothing to Hermione."

Chia looked ready to faint as she accepted the assignment and rushed up the stairs to her newest client, shrinking the trunk again and tucking it away behind the counter.

Meanwhile, Hermione's parents looked at him in shock. "What?" Mrs. Granger asked. "A full wardrobe?"

"Of course," Harry said seriously. "Hermione deserves only the best and I've seen her current wardrobe. It's only muggle clothing and Hogwarts uniforms. She needs to be able to be confident in herself and a new wardrobe is the first step."

"What else was in the trunk?" Mr. Ganger asked.

"A library compartment, a storage compartment, and a training compartment. It's warded so the Ministry won't be able to sense her using magic when she's inside. Now, while she's busy, what do you say we shop. She'll be a few hours."

They nodded with wide eyes and Harry smirked as he led them around Knockturn. He bought all of his friends gifts for Yule and he bought his family Christmas presents.

For Theo, he bought several books on healing magic. For Blaise, he bought a kitten that he knew would be an excellent familiar for the boy. For Neville, he bought several packets of rare and expensive seeds. For George and Fred, he bought them each the latest broom and then gave each a separate present. George would get a new set of robes and Fred would get a book on familiars. For Draco, he bought a pair of elegant silver daggers with emeralds embedded into the hilt and a book on muggle weaponry. For Alex, he bought a book on animagi, knowing the boy wanted to be one.

For his family, he bought a carrier owl so they could communicate more often. He then bought Dudley an amulet of protection and a mirror that he planned on charming. He bought his uncle a few wizarding candies and his aunt a few pieces of jewelry. He bought his father a potion ingredient he had been wanting and bought Sirius and Remus a book on adoption laws.

He then went searching for the Malfoys' gifts. He bought Narcissa a beautiful sapphire necklace and matching earrings. He bought Lucius a set of solid silver cufflinks with the Malfoy crest.

Finally, he was done. The Grangers were shocked at how much he spent, but he knew it was barely a dent in his fortune. He knew he spent the most on Hermione, but he also knew that it was likely her first Yule and he wanted it to be special.

The three returned to the shop just as Hermione was descending the stairs, carrying a bag with a bright smile on her face. She tackled Harry in a hug and whispered a quiet but heartfelt "thank you."

When she pulled away, Harry got his first good look at her. Not much had changed, but what had left her gorgeous. Her bushy brown hair was now falling in loose curls and her bucktooth was gone. She was wearing a cute pink blouse with a white skirt and a pair of flats.

"You look amazing, Mione!" Harry complimented.

She blushed and thanked him again. "Madam Chia is lovely!" she said. She began to ramble to her parents, explaining her new morning routine, while Harry walked over to Chia.

"Thank you, Madam," he said quietly. "Take however much it cost from my account at Gringotts."

"Of course," she said. "Your friend is such a lovely young lady, but very much needing a confidence boost. Make sure she gets that, yes?"

Harry smiled. "That's the plan," he said softly, a fond smile on his face as he watched Hermione ramble to her parents. "Send that order to Malfoy Manor, would you?"

Chia winked and bid them farewell.

After exiting the store, Hermione dragged her family around to each store to shop for gifts while Harry left to return to the Malfoys' home. The ball was a few weeks away, so he had time to wrap his presents before it was time to gift them to his friends and family.

He wrapped each present neatly before exiting the guest room he was using to find Draco. He needed cuddles.

Draco was in the library, reading through some books. Harry didn't hesitate to curl up on his lap in the armchair, nuzzling his head in the crook of his bonded's neck.

"How was shopping?" Draco asked softly, setting down his book to card his fingers through Harry's hair.

"Splendid," Harry said. "Chia did such a great job with Hermione and I got presents for everyone."

Draco hummed, acknowledging the words.

"I'm worried about Theo," Harry said quietly.

"We'll see him at the ball," Draco reminded him. "If he's hurt, we'll do something about it."

Harry sighed and agreed.

The two cuddled for a while longer and eventually fell asleep like that, completely missing dinner and sleeping all through the night.