4 . hoco 2

the five of us walk into the main gym. "first of all, i wanna say a huge thank you to everyone that showed up tonight, lets make some noise!!" the dj yells.

everybody in the gym begins to clap and cheer. i glance around and notice johnathan snickering with frank.

"last night, Johnathan Olsen was announced as one of the main candidates, but the guy that was tied with him was too busy helping out the concession stand to go stand up on the field.." the dj pauses and i feel the confusion settle into my body.

i look back at johnathan who also looks confused, but then he seems to remember something.

"because of this, we had to do another poll but the voters would be unbiased staff and students who dont personally know the candidates."

why is this guy still going. could he get to the point?

"tonight, i am honored to say the spot of the majesty has been taken by.." he pauses once again and people begin to stomp on the floor as a way of drum rolling.

"frank portillo!" he yells, and the spotlight goes towards frank. everybody begins to clap and push him towards the middle of the floor. this feels like something out of a disney high school movie.

maddy smiles and claps for her boyfriend, letting out a couple woo's.

"and, joining frank on our dance floor tonight is our monarch, y/n l/n!"

my jaw drops. maddys smile quickly fades and her expression looks like mine. what the actual fuck.

i look around cluelessly and johnathan begins to shove me towards frank, but in an annoyed manner.

i walk the rest of the way on my own while everyone claps and cheers. i hate my life.

one of the mrs browns comes up behind us and places fake crowns and black sashes with "prom majesty" and "prom monarch" on it.

i cant help but cringe at the awkwardness and everybody staring at us.

"now, may the two dance together." the dj announces, i sigh exaggeratedly and turn towards him while everybody claps and cheers.

he rolls his eyes in response to my sigh.

"i dont wanna do this either." he whispers as he places his hands on my waist.

i place my arms around his neck. why is this lowkey a dream come true..

suddenly, i hear the first note of slow dancing in the dark by Joji.

fuck, now this stupid memory will be attached to this song. ugh.

we begin to move around in a circle. i avoid eye contact.

"you know, i really like joji." he smiles as he whispers.

"i dont care." i whisper back and notice people using their phone's flashlight like glow sticks, moving them side to side.

he giggles, and it sounds so cute. FUCKK.

"y/n." he mumbles. i finally meet his gaze.

i tilt my head to the side instead of saying 'what'. he catches on.

"you're pretty."

i can feel my face heat up, whyd he have to say that?

"and you have a girlfriend, who is watching us as we speak."

he looks towards her, and i know hes found her when his smile falters slightly.

he looks back at me and barely shakes his head. "I guess."