7 . target

we sat in targets parking lot, the heater on medium and the radios volume was low, but still loud enough to be heard.

"so, you wanna tell me why you suddenly acted like that?" he whispered, leaning his head back on the head rest while tilting his head towards me.

"johnathan is just so annoying, and hes so.. difficult." i groan.

"do you not want him dating f/n?" frank asks in a soft tone.

"its not that, its the fact that he gets so defensive when it comes to relationships with his friends yet he thinks its okay to have them with mine."

"relationships.. with his friends?"

of course thats the only thing that he catches onto.

"yeah." i sigh, covering myself with my blanket.

"what kind of relationships?"

i roll my eyes. "frank, he got the wrong idea when i first mentioned you and ever since then hes been so strict in that topic, and our dance together made it worse."

hes quiet, taking a few minutes to let everything sink in.

"wait so you like me?"

"what?!!" i look at him. now i gotta lie. "i dont. he thinks i do though."

he nods slowly.

he looks away and leans back on the seat, looking down at the wheel. i made him drive.

i look out the window, being met with targets bright red circles. i dont think itd be bad to drink some more starbucks.

"y/n, im gonna be honest with you." he immediately gets my attention.

"i dont like my girlfriend at all. she's so.. i dont know. its kinda like the way you feel with johnathan. she doesnt like me hanging out or talking to other girls yet she hangs out with multiple guys every day although i tell her it makes me uncomfortable." he sighs.

"maybe she's your karma or something." i shrug.

what i said lingers in the air for longer then i expected it to.

"maybe youre right. but its made me lost feelings, and i cant break up with her."

"why not?"

"i cant bring myself to do it."

"oh"

"yeah."

we sit in silence for what feels like forever.

i space out, my gaze inevitably landing on the target in front of us. "hey um, im gonna go into target.. i gotta get some things." i take my blanket off and throw it in the back seat.

"oh okay i'll come with." he unbuckles his seat belt before turning off the car.

we both head out and walk towards the entrance of the target. theres harsh wind blowing and my face is already freezing although we've been out for a few seconds.

i rush inside, grabbing a red grocery basket.

i walk towards the refrigerated food aisles, frank following behind me like a lost puppy.

"why are you getting groceries?" frank asks me.

"well, my parents are rarely home since they work at hospitals.. groceries and meals are usually what i have to deal with." i sigh, grabbing almond milk, regular milk, a christmas themed coffee creamer, and a bottle with starbucks iced coffee.

i notice him eyeing my basket. "i didnt know you had to take care of yourself like that."

"we dont know much about each other in general." i remind him.