5 . post hoco

i walk into my house barefoot, my hand holding onto my heels.

shutting the door quietly, i flip on the lights and head into the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge.

theres nothing that looks good to eat. i sigh.

i pick my heels off of the counter and walk back upstairs, my entire body aching. i wont even have to try to fall asleep tonight.

i swing my door open and throw my heels across the room, a loud thud being heard as i use my foot to close the door.

as i sit in front of my vanity, i stare at my makeup that has survived the full night.

sighing, i take a few cotton pads and pour micellar water over them before i clean my face.

once im done, i head to the bathroom and do my nightly skincare.

i walk back into my room and close my door for the last time tonight.

suddenly, i hear a loud slam which catches my attention. i walk towards the window and notice a car driving off at the house in front of mine.

i slightly open my blinds and notice someone in a suit walking towards the entrance of the house.

i squint my eyes and

no way.

no fucking way.

since when did frank portillo live across from me?

i draw my blinds all the way up and open my window as quick as i can.

"frank!" i yell out, and his head immediately turns, he looks confused as he searches for where i called him.

suddenly, his eyes land on my window. i wave.

"y/n?" he yells back, sharing the confusion i first had.

i still feel shocked as it Registers in my mind that frank lives right there.

he begins to walk down his driveway, looking both ways before crossing the road and onto my driveway.

i rush out my room, running down the stairs before pausing.

i dont have any makeup on, and i have french braids in.

i look at the mirror by the entrance of my door, and look at myself.

i take some strands out and put them in my face, and i move both my braids onto my shoulders.

i glance down at my outfit, which is fuzzy baggy pj pants and a tube top.

i slip on a hoodie and my uggs before opening the door.

i go out, only to meet him on my porch.

"since when did you live here.." I mumble, confused.

"im at my moms tonight.." he mumbles back, and i notice him checking me out.

damn, i feel super self conscious now.

"arent you like, 18?" i ask, placing my weight on one leg as i cross my arms.

"17. so i still gotta switch houses." he looks off to the side.

i nod.

the mood is pretty awkward. the air around us feels tense.

"so um, what happened with you and uh-, maddy?" i ask, fidgeting with my hair.

"shes.. we're.. i dont know. she didnt like us dancing together-"

"i figured."

"she said a lot of things. stupid things."

"like?"

"i.." he paused, meeting my gaze.

"nothing, we're just on a break now. i guess."

i feel some sort of hope. break means they'll probably break up by the end of it, thats what it always means.

i nod again.

he pulls out his phone, probably checking the time.

i watch his phones light hit his face and he looks defeated, or disappointed. not what I expected, i guess johnathan was right and he really does love her. ugh.

"im sure you two will be okay." i sigh.

"i hope." he mumbles.

we stay quiet for a few minutes, and the breeze hitting becomes colder and colder.

"i guess i should go back home though." he sighs and i do too.

"yeah."

he gives me a quick smile and a bye before leaving.

i walk back into my house and theres this pit in my stomach. i lean my back against my door.

i guess i was being delusional but I genuinely thought there was something there when we danced.

the way he looked at me.

there was no denying that because johnathan caught it too.