The last night of Single Life

Tonight was going to be the night Grian, an Avian with the wings of the Scarlet Macaw, now tucked tightly into himself as he stood in a line or other youngling of his village, waiting for the ceremony that would mark his future.

His Village had a tradition, a way of life for better word. To grow their community and bring them closer, each year the Gods give their people soulmates, someone they would join together till the end of time. For most it was blessing, but depending on who got them, it was seen as a curse. That was Grian's biggest fear. He feared his soulmate would be someone that he couldn't stand or someone who would get him killed. For a soulmate was someone who shared each other's pain, life, everything. If one dies the other would.

Of course the Gods were forgiven, When you die twice, then you will be brought back, however, due to the people being selfish, after the second death, the Red curse appears. Slowly loosing themselves and becoming hostile slowly. People who became Red were kicked out and banished. A fate worse than dying.

"Greeting everyone! Welcome to the start of your new lives" A cheerfully called out

Catching everyone's attention. Looking up towards another Avian that looked older, his wings fading into a more dark colour than everyone under him.

"Today you will become your true selves! And find your other half in this world!" The elder raised his hands to the sky and looked up, "May the eyes in the sky grant your happiness once the moon is centred just right, Shall we see who you are meant to be within your new lives!"

"Someone's getting paid for his acting" A voice quietly said, causing Grian's eyes turned towards it. right next to him, stood a phantom, a man covered in scars, his wings had been burnt away from daylight. Noticing Grian's eyes, The Phantom's eyes met with his. smiling at him afterwards. "Hey, You're the parrot man that likes playing pranks right? People call me Scar, I don't know why" Another joke. he held his hand out towards the Avian who stood there staring at it.

"Ignore him Grian, best not to disrespect the Gods while your life is in their hands" Joel whispered towards Grian causing Grian to look back up towards the elder. Ignoring 'Scar' as he introduce himself as. Scar looked at him and shrugged while looking back up.

The elder continued to explain everything to the others, Grian couldn't say he was listening, he was far too busy within his own head. He wasn't the biggest fan of having his life in someone else's hand. If he had the chance he would run for it, but he had no where else to go. He knew nothing outside of his home. It could be more scary out there than having your life in someone's hands. After the speech while the moon was yet in place, The younglings were allowed to talk to one either.

"This is so awkward man" Leaning back on the wall, the mask man spoke, looking at the other two next to him, there was Grian and Joel sitting on the ground just flicking rocks at each other.

"What are you expecting? dinner date with whoever has your life in there hands? I just want to go home after this, whoever I got just better know how to be safe" Joel's eyes rolled. It was clear the trio wasn't a fan of it all.

"A date? I don't want anything like that, just because they are our soulmate doesn't mean we a lover, that's just stupid crap. That's just a way to make sure the other protects you more."

Etho's words were correct, a lot of the soulmates were still living their own life but grew close to the other. The words alone caused Grian to sigh with relief a bit. "Still, someone else will have our life in there hands, then we could get become red and.. well. You know"

"Calm down birdie, No one is going to willing get themselves or you killed."

"Unless you get Scar" Joel's joked as he looked over at the phantom talking of all and anyone who would listen to him. The three's eyes looked over towards him. Watching him from the distances.