iv. ESCAPISM

EPISODE FOUR ... " ESCAPISM " !

𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 , 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 !

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

three weeks later!

"babe! i'm back!" ja'niyah toed off her shoes and dropped her keys into the bowl by the front door. her shopping was still in her car, but the girl couldn't be bothered to grab it right now. she shuffled into her living room, wanting nothing more than to be in reece's arms and watching big brother.

reece james sat on the couch, puffer jacket and trainers still on. he looked tense with his chin resting on his knuckles. ja'niyah furrowed her eyebrows in worry, immediately rushing to his side. "are you okay, reece? is something wrong?" her concerned tone only made him tense up more.

"i can't do this."

"do what? are you okay?" she repeated herself, checking him for any cuts or bruises. he jerked away from her and ja'niyah stopped and sat back on her knees. "what can't you do?"

"this. us. you," he stood up, making his way to the door. "i saw you and jack harlow all over insta, making me look like a fool," reece said jack's name with disgust.

"what—? i don't even speak to jack! all he said was that he liked my songs..." the girl moved towards her boyfriend who was now by the living room door. he looked uninterested with the conversation, like he didn't want to hear her excuses.

"i can't have a girl embarrassing me while i'm trying to build my career, ja'niyah. i needed to tell you, i couldn't leave you high and dry — but yeah. it's over between us."

"are you serious!?" but her question wasn't heard as the chelsea star was already out the door. ja'niyah was left dumbfounded by her now ex-boyfriend's actions. the two were perfectly fine a few days ago. he was claiming they were going to get married just yesterday, and now he couldn't do it?

theories ran wild in her mind. was there someone else? maybe he was being threatened and didn't want to put her in danger — he was probably using jack as a cover up, right? most of the theories she came up with resulted in reece somehow doing it for her own good. but she knew which one was the real reason behind it.

reece couldn't handle his climb to fame and his relationship at the same time. hundreds of girls were throwing themselves at him, both in person and online. reece obviously felt left out when his friends would brag about all the girls they would hook up with.