The Friendship

Finding a guy named Kwon Jiyong in this small college with only a population of 100 is not hard for Dara.

Kwon Jiyong is everything she didn't imagine a rich kid from an influential family would be.

He is aloof, not popular. He prefers to keep to himself, not flashing his money.

She's been in this school for two years now, she didn't even know him, or heard his name from others before.

He is not a Business Major student, expected to continue familial wealth but in the most boring department with the littlest student population, the Music Major.

To say she's not impressed is an understatement. This Kwon is just like her, ordinary. Though it sucks, he could be a stellar student with that Kwon background.

After observing him from a distance, she decided to approach him during lunchtime shortly after the fall semester started.

He was sitting quietly by himself on one of the school benches in the open field.

Before he could notice her presence, she showed the brown bag in front of his face.

He raised an eyebrow at her. He definitely looked annoyed with her suddenly invading his personal space, though he didn't say anything.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Your mom told me to give you this. It's your lunch."

His annoyance turned into a raging look as he turned his back sharply on her. Clearly not interested and soured his mood. He went back to scribbling something on a music sheet.

She put the brown bag on the table.

"I'm tasked to give you your lunch everyday. I work for her." She informed him, as she rubbed her stomach after.

He stopped writing as he glared at her. "I don't care if you work for that witch." And to make a point, he grabbed the bag and threw the lunch in the nearest trash bin.

She wasn't happy with that sight as her stomach grumbled at the same time.

Contemplating at first, but she ended up walking to the trash bin and saw the sandwich out from the bag. Though dirty now, it didn't stop her from seeing how it is - food.

She's hungry.

She bent and reached for the halfway opened sandwich. She examined it and removed some dirt around it before taking a bite. Hmm delicious. It must be the mustard or something else in it, but the next bites were quicker. She's hungrier than she thought. She devoured the sandwich in no time.

She grabbed her water bottle from her bag, and drank the water slowly. The food was delicious and satisfied her.

She threw the wrapper in the bin as she turned to go back to her class.

Purposely, not meeting this Kwon's eyes.

--

That was not the last time Kwon Jiyong saw her, as the very next day or the day after that, on every school day, she would appear in front of him during lunch breaks to offer him the lunches his mother supposedly made for him.

And just like the first time, he would throw them. He didn't even bother looking at what was inside. He will see her with food, she hands it to him, he grabs it and throws it in the garbage...only for her to scoop it back to eat it.

Only as time passes by, has she been good at catching the bag he throws before it lands in the bin. She is able to eat "his lunch" not dirty.

He didn't say anything about those times, but at one point he was seemingly tired of doing it. He would just scowl at the sight of her bringing him "his lunch" but eventually stopped throwing it in the bin.

That's the start of her eating his lunch instead and hanging out with him during breaks. It's the start of an odd friendship, to say the least.

--/--/--tbc

a/n: Thanks for reading. Please don't forget to vote and comment.