The Weakness

Dara knew she hurt Jiyong.

She acted irrationally. She was heartless.

Ruthless.

It was obvious on his face when she left him that she hurt him.

He professed his love to her and she crushed his heart.

The pained look on his face will haunt her forever.

She acted like a bitch.

With that stupid reminder.

She couldn't blame him if he won't help her get her role back now. And for good reason.

She hurt him.

Not even that mind-blowing kiss they shared made her soft towards him.

What's wrong with her? Most people when being confess of love, they would be happy, jumping for joy, sharing kisses here and there, and maybe sharing the same feelings.

But not her. She's good at ruining good feelings like this.

She was overwhelmed by the happenings today and she did the first thing she knew how when she was put in a situation she didn't want to be in.

Shut down.

She was never someone to react well when thrown into sudden circumstances. And the revelations she had today were more than what she bargained for.

She was inside the cab on her way home and she smiled bitterly at the thought. It was never her home, but a roof over her head. The closest place she can call home was Jiyong's apartment — with him there, and now, she didn't know what to call it anymore. The idea of him and her together, she didn't know what to call it anymore.

His other identity, the one he claimed he didn't hide from her, it's just she didn't like asking, shook something big inside her.

She wiped the tears that fell on her cheeks. She was glad for the silence from the driver who just ignored her throughout the ride.

Looking outside the night view of the Malcom City outside the car windows tightened her heart as tears continued to fall.

What more secrets lurking in this city?

No. The question is,

Is she brave enough to discover more of them?

Because it looked like the secrets were on the surface after all, and she just didn't like facing them before, didn't like asking questions.

But feigning it's not happening in front of her won't work anymore.

She was unwillingly thrust into Jiyong's world. Her life is now in danger.

But if she was honest about herself for once, if she digs deeper enough, she can find out that she was not worried about her own life.

She was more worried about Jiyong's.

----

Most people like school breaks, but not Dara. School break means she was more around the shit hole she called a roof over her head.

It's not helping that Reaper lives here now too and the lovestruck tinted glasses in her aunt's eyes are not helping either.

Her aunt is too blinded by her "love" to see that Reaper is just taking advantage of her. Living rent-free, sex is free.