Table #5

"There are daggers in men's smiles."

"Dara!"

Dara looked up from washing the dishes as her eyes couldn't help but land first on Bom's big boobs before her beaming face. She smiled awkwardly at her co-worker.

"Yes, Bom?" She asked the woman in her -ONE's uniform, which seemed a size too small, clinging to her body like a second skin.

The sexy woman placed one hand on her waist as she shook her head at Dara. "CL is drowning out there making drinks. My feet are killing me from the many orders. It's a busy night. We need help." She nodded in her direction. "We need you out there bussing tables."

She gulped, ready to object, but Bom lifted her red-painted, manicured finger.

"No, no, no buts," Bom said quickly. "Ms. Sohee's order." Bom flipped her hair and eyed her up and down. "Besides, you're too pretty to be hiding in the kitchen. I can use your help out there." Bom even untied her apron around her waist for emphasis. "C'mon, Dara! But first, you need a makeover!"

Before she could further object, Bom already dragged her to the girl's locker room for...another makeover.

--

It was indeed busy. The bar was at full capacity. Different groups of people could be seen hanging out together, either sitting down, standing up, or dancing on the floor, happily chatting with each other.

She had already served food and drinks to several tables and could feel the ache in her feet. Geez, she'd never get used to wearing heels. She frowned inside.

At least, she somehow managed to convince Bom to let her wear long pants instead of a mini skirt this time -- much to the woman's disappointment. Well Bom couldn't do anything as she ran away from her before the sexy woman can strip her out of her clothes. Gosh, that woman had claws.

She wiped the sweat forming on her temple when she felt someone staring at her. Looking up, she met Jiyong's eyes. He was on the stage with his band, currently taking a short break between gigs. Even as his hands tuned his guitar, his eyes remained fixed on her.

She frowned at him. She remembered what happened at that sketchy alley earlier. Still a bit shaken by the incident, she wasn't in the mood to converse with him anytime soon. The walk to reach -ONE's earlier was quiet, and even after parting ways at separate entrances, she didn't speak to him. She had mixed feelings—ranging from frustration and fear to anger. She decided that ignoring him was the best choice for now until she could handle her emotions.

She sighed inside as she looked away. Today was too much.

"Dara, here!" CL shouted from behind the bar. Quickly making her way to her, thankful for the call so she can ignore Jiyong once again.

CL was smiling as she pushed another tray of drinks toward her. "Glad you're here, Dara," she said, winking. Clearly in a good mood, CL was probably elated by the full tipping jar, and it wasn't even midnight yet. "Full house tonight, ayt? Table 4, please!" she added before going back to expertly mixing more drinks.

She could probably watch CL do that all night. The girl had true talent in making drinks. She could put on a whole show just by doing that, and it was amazing.

She smiled as she walked towards Table 4, serving their drinks. It was a group of men and women, probably couples, so no one really hit on her, much to her relief.

The night was going smoothly; she had no problems so far with the customers. She took their orders, giving friendly smiles every now and then as she served them.