Driving Lesson

"Put your foot on the brake, turn the key to start the engine, and shift the gear into 'Drive.'"

Dara looked down at the gear and then back at Jiyong. "Which one here is Drive?" She asked.

He pointed the D on the gear line. She tried to pull the stick down but it won't budge.

"It's not moving." She tried again but it didn't budge. "Nope."

He chuckled as he put his left hand over her right hand on the gear, and then showed her the small button on the left side of it and they pushed it together, and he shifted the gear to D.

She made an 'O' sound as she nodded. "Got it."

He put his hand back to his side. "Eyes on the road, let go of the brakes, and slowly hit the accelerator so the car can move." He instructed.

She nodded again as her eyes were ahead of them. They were practicing driving in an abandoned parking lot so she wasn't too nervous driving the car at the slowest speed. She was even amazed when the car started moving.

"I don't have to hit something like a clutch to shift the gear?" She asked, eyes still in front.

He reached for the steering wheel and he easily steered it on the left to avoid hitting a curb. When she got the control back, he let go.

He shook his head. "Clutch is for manual. This car is automatic." He answered.

Right. They're in a different car this time and she hasn't seen this before with him until now. It was her turn driving after he showed her how to earlier and he makes it look easier driving in this automatic car than the old one. She was not very good at identifying cars but they're driving a Toyota sedan. "What happened to the Honda Civic? Why am I not driving it?"

"In the garage. That car was manual. This car is automatic." He answered.

"So?"

"It's best to use automatic if you're driving for the first time." He answered, glancing all the mirrors out of habit.

She hit the accelerator more and she got excited when the car moved faster.

Bump

She flew inches high from her seat as she frowned at her mistake not seeing the bump ahead of time. "Sorry." She mumbled as she glanced at Jiyong who was only grinning.

"Can't blame you. You're moving at a turtle speed." He teased, smirking.

She glared at him. "Shut up."

"Watch out." his voice raised an octave higher as he maneuvered the steering wheel again just in time before they hit an abandoned car there.

But Dara panicked she missed hitting the brake, as she pushed the accelerator instead.

Bump

"Darn." he cursed when they hit another bump again without her slowing down.

But she panicked even more as she didn't hit the brake again but instead drove the car to the main road.

"Jiyong! Help!" she shrieked, realizing her mistake as her heart throbbed faster.

"Fuck." he cursed again as he tried to steer the wheel. "Just relax." He coaxed her, trying to calm her down.

"No." She opposed, her grip tightened on the wheel. "What if we hit a car?" Her eyes widened, tempted to hit the brake but then that would be a bad idea as there were many cars behind them now.

It didn't help when those cars started honking at them because she was driving so slowly. The pressure was through the roof on her now.

"Jiyong." She pleaded, almost in tears.

He remained calm as he instructed, "As you drive, remember to stay within the speed limit, keep a safe following distance from the car ahead, ignore the impatient motherfuckers behind, and use your turn signals when changing lanes or making turns." He then pointed at the traffic light and the building a few blocks away from them. "At the light, I want you to turn right. Don't forget to use your right signal."

She nodded as she followed his instructions. She heaved a sigh of relief when she turned to that road with no problem and finally fewer cars behind them now.

"I don't want to drive anymore." She pouted.

He laughed. "I know." He then pointed at the vacant street parking space ahead of them. It's a couple of feet away from a fire hydrant. "Now, let's practice some parking. Carefully park over that spot and guide the car into it."

She nervously followed him as she carefully tried to park the car in the street, cursing at her multiple attempts to parallel park despite his guidance.

She heaved a deep sigh of relief as she was able to finally park the car straight. She glanced at him. "Now what?" She asked, impatiently, couldn't wait to end her lesson as her foot still on the brake.

He pointed the gears again. "When you're ready, put the car in 'Park,' engage the parking brake, and turn off the engine."

She sweat-dropped as she couldn't wait to be done with it. She pulled the stick up to what she thought was 'Park'.

"All don--"

Bump!

"Ah!" Dara shrieked as Jiyong cursed.

Splash!

She closed her eyes at the impact of hitting something behind as he quickly corrected the gear from Reverse to Park.

"Fuck." he cursed for the nth time, as he looked at the result behind.

She looked behind too and immediately gaped.

They hit the fire hydrant causing the water to leak, and splashing all over the street, hitting some people who were cursing and giving them the middle finger.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized to him, embarrassed.

He ruffled his hair as he watched her flustered face.

To add to her humiliation, their car started to make an alarming sound because of the impact.

She buried her face on her hands, very embarrassed.

He couldn't help but laugh at the sight. "You'll be the death of me, woman." He said, amused. "I'll take back when I called your driving slow...it's terrible."

"Shut up."

—//—//tbc

a/n: The two deserves some lighter moments, right?

I guarantee you this is not the last time we'll see her driving ;) thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment.

See you in the next chapter - THE SEED TO HER PLAN