Chapter 3: The Dope Show

The property was absolutely massive, you really wished you had some kind of motorbike or buggy to get around on...or maybe a horse. You'd estimate that the place she showed you around was about thirty acres, though she spoke like there was much, much more out there to find.

"I heard this place was originally supposed to be one massive compound...but...a big fuck all building in the middle of fuck all nowhere is going to get a lot of attention, you know?" She idly states as she leads you...open forest surrounds you on all sides, though you can see the odd house or building peppering the countryside. It would be so easy to just take off, but really...how far could you make it?

You were in the middle of unfamiliar woods, and while there were footpaths, none of them seemed to lead to civilization, if you had to guess.

"So, as to not get Waco Part 2'd, they opted to just put a bunch of smaller buildings around...granted the solar panels and batteries are a bit of a fucking eyesore and I'm surprised a tax man hasn't come out here for his sun royalties...fucking...highwaymen I swear..."
"You're starting to sound like dad..." you mumble.
"...Don't you fucking dare say that shit again you little-" She stops in her tracks and shoots you a death glare. Though, moments after her expression softens and she thinks out loud while playing with her hair, "...Am I?"

"Yeah...You're also a serial murderer...dude, do you even pay taxes?"
"Well, no, and you shouldn't either," she grimaces and puts up a hand, "Alright asshole, don't get me sidetracked I completly fucking forgot what I was doing..." She runs her tongue across her lips and cheeks, before perking up, "...Alright, I'm taking your ass to the common home...I don't know if anyone is creeping around there this time of day...We're not exactly the most social bunch, but we stand a whole much better chance against Uncle Sam and his long arms of the law if we stick together."

She gestures for you to follow, "Come on, gotta get you hazed boy!"
"Hazed...?!"
"Yes; Hazed. Gotta make sure no fucker gets any bright ideas and decides to ice your ass like a margarita...and the only way to do that...is to officially enact you as a standing member of the freak show..." She looks back at you as she walks, "Though I think we're more considered a cult or some shit...I don't know, don't let that masked freak know I said that. She'll get all protective of her 'mommy'" she scoffs and leads you a few more hundred feet.

The leaves cracking beneath your shoes, off in the distance you spy a pillar of smoke...something that naturally attracted your eyes to it. Was that...campers? Civilization? You couldn't imagine phones would work too great out here..but campers more often than not are going to have something to defend themselves with...Fuck, bear mace would do a number on someone.

If you got to them...maybe they could help you out of here? Or at least scamper off and call someone...

Was it a better shot than obedience?

"Oh, before you think about running off," she stops right in front of the door to quite a large lodge, with you only a handful of paces behind. You swallow, your mouth suddenly becoming a desert. Could this bitch read your mind?

"Stray too far off the beaten path and you'll probably trip into a bear trap or something, I'd...I'd really hate to have you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life homes..." She says out of genuine concern, winking, and then throwing the hefty double doors aside like playthings.

One of them smacked against a nearby wall as she did this, and you were sure she was causing drywall damage after every time she did that shit. She grips you by the shoulder and pulls you in with her, looking around the entrance seating area which seemed to be mostly empty, save for a few couches and chairs with a large empty space in the middle. Was it a kumbaya circle?