Chapter Two: Across Sea of Stars

"Emolia." Globby replied in shock as she approached us. Her menacing demeanor made it clear that we couldn't stand up to her at this moment. I was exhausted, and Globby knew we were in no condition for a fight. "We were going for a nightlife adventure. It looks—"

"Shut it, Globritiesteyera!" She cut him off, her walk suggesting an imminent beating. I clenched my fists, preparing for the inevitable confrontation. However, to my astonishment, I felt a hug instead of a punch, tears streaming down my face. Emolia stepped back and said, "If you're gonna run away, at least say goodbye!"

Overwhelmed with emotion, I tightly embraced her. She laughed and urged me to let go. Globby snickered in the background, earning a glare from me. He coyly stared at the sky to avoid my gaze.

Emolia continued, "Little Star, my gosh, you're strong. Here, take this. When you graduate from the Academy, I'll tell you everything. This pendant is rightfully yours. I had to work hard to get it back after Mother sold it for our lifeline of money."

I recognized the pendant as one from my vessel and attached its chain around my neck. I thanked her and then said, "I remember everything, from the day I arrived to when Mother and Father took me in, even when you were little too. Do you believe me?"

Emolia's reaction was one of calm acceptance, as if she had expected this revelation. "Well, you know things and hide the fact you do. I've noticed it. Anyways, this doesn't surprise me. I won't tell Mother or Father, but I'll wait until we're all together again. Get ready to face their wrath when they learn about this runaway."

I nodded and playfully reminded her, "You're currently my conspiring partner too."

"WHAT! You better leave now." She smacked my head, and I rubbed my temple, understanding the impending scolding I was in for. "Come back here, you!"

We quickly made our escape, and I shouted to Globby, "Let's go!"

"Sure thing, Star baby!" Globby ran ahead, knowing the consequences of teasing me.

For the next few hours, we walked along the empty road in comfortable silence. As the rain began to fall, and flying cars zoomed past us, we knew that we were approaching the metropolis city.

With our goal set on reaching the Academy, Globby broke the silence, his shyness evident as he hesitated to speak. "I know you said you have a super memory of recollection, is there more? Since you know...you're a kin of the race of evil powerful cosmic cultists who are out there, what I mean is...erm."

I could tell he was treading carefully, knowing that I possessed knowledge beyond what he did. I decided to share a bit more with him. "No, I was meant to be a scout for my race's conquerors. They sent me here because I'm considered a lesser prototype of their kind. My death meant nothing to them, just a sign of their impending conquest. But even though I share some of their blood, it doesn't change the fact that my real family is here. So, for now, do you have any idea what to expect at the Academy?"

Globby nodded, his contentment evident as he understood the weight of the situation we were getting ourselves into. We continued on our journey, the rain washing away our worries as we ventured toward the unknown.

As we arrived at the city gates, it was clear that the guards regarded us with indifference, as if they were used to people from the slums venturing into their more prosperous domain. We were seen as outsiders seeking opportunities, and some locals tried to lead us astray with offers of food, contracts, and various services.

Globby seemed tempted by these offers, but I was resolute in our mission. I was older, having lived through a past life, and had watched enough episodes of the show to know that we needed to stick to our goal.