Chapter Three: Explain Systematic Access

Leaving the admissions office with Globby was, in a way, an uneventful success. It was almost surreal to have encountered my potential arch-nemesis, Vesper, in that setting. I knew well from the show that Vesper was an unpredictable character. His background as a survivor of an alien race that had been nearly wiped out by my own kind made his motives and actions difficult to anticipate. In the series, Vesper had left his universe to escape the hostility of his own people.

In this reality, he had been living quietly on Farth, far away from the Starions, hoping never to encounter one. Unfortunately, the universe had other plans. In the show, he obtained a Starion, which was considered a defect and led to his obsession with transferring his mind into a Starion to gain immense power.

Vesper's schemes had always failed to subdue the Starion named Emirah in the show. Emirah seemed to have plot armor and luck on his side. Vesper's ultimate demise came when he believed he had succeeded in his plan to take over Emirah. Little did he know that Starions had a spiritual domain that he couldn't detect. In a surprising twist, he was absorbed by Emirah, empowering the main character to remove the Starian chip in their mind, thereby allowing Emirah to fight against the true Starian empire.

However, I had different plans for this world. I knew I needed to become a full fledged Starion and surpass the abilities of the future aggressive Starions out there in space. I pondered my next steps as I left the admissions office. I was aware that Vesper couldn't read my mind, which gave me an advantage. However, I was now on his radar, and the future was full of uncertainty.

I had to act swiftly, making calculated moves to prevent him from taking action. In the grand scheme of things, he held a distinct advantage, being a billionaire in this universe, while in the show, he was merely a world-renowned celebrity. Globby watched me, lost in thought, before bringing me back to reality with a concerned, "Hey, are you okay?"

I replied, "Yeah, I'm fine," even though he could tell I wasn't. I went on to explain our itinerary: a visit to the medical center office, followed by the training center office, and then we could finally return to the grand entrance hall office and the admissions room. Globby nodded, but it was clear I hadn't fully absorbed the information. He sighed and led the way as I followed in deep silence, my mind burdened by stress and anxiety.

The rest of the day passed in a blur as I operated on autopilot, with Globby not probing too deeply into my state of mind, understanding my need to regain composure.

After a long day, we found ourselves in the residential area, checking in with an attendant who explained the dormitory process and management details, including our responsibilities. Our dormitory had a common area with four separate rooms branching off from it, allowing residents to cook for themselves. After receiving a suitcase of clothing and being informed that our book supplies were already packed inside, we thanked the attendant. Globby was exuberant, while I appeared worn out.

Two other rooms in our dormitory were occupied, but their inhabitants didn't come out to greet us. Although I could vaguely see their outlines through the walls, I couldn't discern their identities. Globby suggested, "We should talk at the cafeteria, but let's change and take a shower first!"

Globby, despite his age, displayed a surprising level of responsibility. He had once confided in me, "It's all because I know what others feel and want. Sometimes, it's annoyingly crippling, but other times, it's liberating to know you can trust someone genuinely." When he revealed this unique ability, I realized how much he valued our friendship, and I reciprocated the sentiment. For him, I was an exception, as he couldn't read my thoughts but could sense my intentions, allowing him to be himself without worrying about my judgment.

Listening to his suggestion, I nodded and followed his lead, getting dressed after my shower. I waited outside his door, only for him to open it almost half-naked, darting around in excitement like a child. "You took longer than I expected."